Marlon Wayans wants respect for the Wayans Brother tv show

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Wayans aint seeing Jamie Foxx and most will argue it aint seeing Living single. Fresh Prince and Martin are the 1 and 2 although you cam debate on their order at the top. Jamie Foxx is number 3 to me, Wayans season 3-5 put it at 4.

But when I think about it Smart Guy is a huge sleeper. While more family focused it still was a strong show when it came to comedy imo.

:camby:

Wayans Bros. was good for what it was in a time when Martin was on its way out (those last episodes after Gina had split....:scust:) and Fresh Prince was done.

Ppl were just yearning for somethin to fill the void and I fukked wit Wayans Bro. heavy...but it wasn't fukkin wit its predecessors...:hubie:

These shows were comin after (In Livin Color... Married W/ Children...prime Simpsons...etc.) meanin yo shyt had better be funny at that time.....:ufdup:

It was nowhere near the classic levels of Martin or FP but it should be remembered.

The Jamie Foxx Show just never grew on me...:russell: and that's what they ultimately wanted to replace Martin with. It had its moments...

wSkFtF.gif

Wayans should definitely get more respect and admiration tho.

Last edited:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I never did like this show or Jamie Foxx's show because they was so silly and like a bad version Martin. That was the theme with WB & UPN Black shows for the most part and the reason Marlon is looked at to this day a certain way.

Even as a 12 year old I wasn't digging it. To each his own tho.

"That's a joke like Marlon Wayans....lame." - Philly's Most Wanted

This post here is dead on...:ufdup: I concur.