Marlon Wayans wants respect for the Wayans Brother tv show

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
You're crazy, at 24 that show is still hilarious and a classic!

You’re younger than me so I guess our sense of humour is different. I didn’t think my Wife and Kids was funny or the recent stand up that Marlon did. I think their over exaggerated style of comedy is childish. I liked it back then but wouldn’t call it a classic.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
You’re younger than me so I guess our sense of humour is different. I didn’t think my Wife and Kids was funny or the recent stand up that Marlon did. I think their over exaggerated style of comedy is childish. I liked it back then but wouldn’t call it a classic.

I agree. I hated my wife and kids. It wasn’t funny to me at all.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I’ll be honest, I remember watching as a kid, but not laughing as much, just finding it entertaining. It isn’t on the level of Fresh Prince, Martin, or Steve Harvey Show, because while I can recall episodes from these shows, I can’t recall any episodes from Wayne brothers, only thing remember is I liked the intro. It reminds me of Jamie Fox show, like yeah I watched them and found them entertaining but they were over the top and corny to me.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I dont know if they surveyed audiences or what but if you noticed with 1 and 2 they cleaned house when it came to cast members. Season 2 had a ton of random characters.

If wayans was onle season 3-5 i think it would be held higher.

Wayans aint seeing Jamie Foxx and most will argue it aint seeing Living single. Fresh Prince and Martin are the 1 and 2 although you cam debate on their order at the top. Jamie Foxx is number 3 to me, Wayans season 3-5 put it at 4.

But when I think anout it Smart Guy is a huge sleeper. While more family focused it still was a strong show when it came to comedy imo.
I was watching Smart Guy when MTV2 when they used to show mad reruns and not only does it still hold up, ita even better than I remembered. Season 1s a little rough but 2 and 3 are great

What was funny is my brother was the same age as Marcus when the show was first on and he had a homeboy EXACTLY like Mo :russ: . Goofy light skinned nikka that would always be at our house eating our food :mjlol:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
It's in my personal sitcom top 5. Didn't know they were that age when they were on the Wayans brothers either.

Wtf have I been doing with my life.
It was good when I was 11/12 but the jokes haven’t held up well in time. I wouldn’t watch it now and find it funny.
You're bugging, the show is a certified classic. Lot of hilarious content and scenarios.