Marvel Executive Says 'World Is Ready' for a Gay Superhero in the MCU

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It took decades for a mainstream popular black superhero...

Soon after it takes 5 minutes for a gay one.

No one was even thinking about making a gay superheroes until after Black Panther... or any other race of superheroes really.

Compare a sexual preference (or mental disorder however you wanna put it) to an entire race, marvel brehs...

Dorian Breh angry anti corporate ramble:

Besides the homophobia, this is a reasonable argument that everyone seems to be "me next"ing the "minority super hero" thing after Black Panther got all that press with black mother's crying about how they were glad their kids would have a role model super hero now growing up.

But perhaps instead of thinking this all started with Black Panther, that film was just the shining example of a larger marketing tactic that has come to the forefront during the identity politics era.

Listen I rock with @Black Panther and I rock w the many brothers and sisters who put their heart and soul into making that film into a work of African-culture-inspired art. I don't want to detract from the movie.

But at a certain point you gotta recognize a work. I'm not saying that film was on par with the Kendall Jenner Pepsi ad, but I am saying that the studio people behind Black Panther cared even less about creating an inspiring minority superhero than the Pepsi people do about police brutality. They wanted to sell tickets

These inclusivity, kumbaya narratives are in right now whether it's Dove Bodywash for Washedup White Men (it's okay to not be an Old Spice badass!) or it's any of these food and beverage companies saying that you can "enjoy our product however you want, were not judging :dame:"

I want to draw attention to that last one. I'm seeing it everywhere whether fast food ads referencing the fries+smoothie combination or beer ads just saying "enjoy at any party" there are many companies going out of their way to say "we don't judge our consumers!"

How crazy is that? Of course these companies don't judge their consumers! Only a privately traded company can get away with that - a public company would be not serving it's shareholders if it intentionally drove away potential customers!

These companies want to get credit for not being bigots! It's the old Chris Rock joke all over again!

And whether in advertising, or at Disney with their new princesses, or these studios taking superhero scripts for straight white superheros and switching them out for women or homosexuals, it can plainly be seen that as long as you're not tone deaf like Pepsi peoplewill eat it up.

I want to note that I believe minority representation in the arts is a cornerstone of a healthy culture. I just don't believe that Marvel or any of these fukkers give a shyt.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Dont play dumb now.

You acting like a clark kent in here

No, I genuinely wanted to know where you’re going with this, cuz this is what I have and the receipts too.

You had your chance to go first, but here we go.

I do agree the world is ready overall for gay superhero’s and we have DC to thank for that.

It don’t matter the “medium” and don’t worry, I won’t call you a Clark Kent. I just think, like most of the DC stans in here, you probably don’t support or up on everything like the way y’all go hard for them

For the last atleast 5 years DC been throwing gay characters in everyone’s faces for FREE!!

Now admittedly I don’t know much about Mr. Terrific & didn’t think he was gay but DC had other plans. Then since then, everyone of their highly popular DC shows (that again you can watch them every week throughout the year) has at least 2 gay people per show. Connor McQueen is gay now, Supergirl has a tranny character.

Doom Patrol took it even took it farther showing gay sex.

DC was the first to change the game.

So yea, the market hasn’t backlashed and maybe Marvel now this late in the game is prepared and feels comfortable to introduce this.

But all props and credit has to be given to DC for opening up this lane!:manny:

Martha

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
ClutteredUnhappyIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You know what?:ohhh:

Now that I think about it. That’s probably why some cats in here go so hard at hating everything Marvel with such fervor and why they ride for DC so hard is cuz they happy DC has being doing and supporting Gay characters and up till now Marvel hasn’t. They look at DC and see themselves or gay characters that rep them and give them a voice and shunned Marvel for years of not acknowledging them:patrice:

Gotdamn.... all this shyt makes sense now:whoo:

Martha

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
MCU in 2020 and beyond looks spooky.....outside of Black Panther 2. They doing any and everything without a cohesive story arc after Thanos.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
MCU in 2020 and beyond looks spooky.....outside of Black Panther 2. They doing any and everything without a cohesive story arc after Thanos.

Actually.... that haven’t even released what specifically they are after Thanos.

They said they gonna wait till after A4 is released so I expect Comicon this summer to be major

Martha

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
No, I genuinely wanted to know where you’re going with this, cuz this is what I have and the receipts too.

You had your chance to go first, but here we go.

I do agree the world is ready overall for gay superhero’s and we have DC to thank for that.

It don’t matter the “medium” and don’t worry, I won’t call you a Clark Kent. I just think, like most of the DC stans in here, you probably don’t support or up on everything like the way y’all go hard for them

For the last atleast 5 years DC been throwing gay characters in everyone’s faces for FREE!!

Now admittedly I don’t know much about Mr. Terrific & didn’t think he was gay but DC had other plans. Then since then, everyone of their highly popular DC shows (that again you can watch them every week throughout the year) has at least 2 gay people per show. Connor McQueen is gay now, Supergirl has a tranny character.

Doom Patrol took it even took it farther showing gay sex.

DC was the first to change the game.

So yea, the market hasn’t backlashed and maybe Marvel now this late in the game is prepared and feels comfortable to introduce this.

But all props and credit has to be given to DC for opening up this lane!:manny:

Martha

Don't forget this lady
Anissa-Lesbian-Black-Lightning.jpg

Or the joke in Wonder Woman that the women on Themyscira pleasure each other.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
ive noticed in almost all the TV shows, movies, etc its always a gay male.. rarely a lesbian :patrice: and the rare times its a lesbian character on TV show or something, its very little screen time of them in bed or cuddling on a couch or anything related to them being lesbian.. they basically act like a woman who very rarely hook up with another woman :patrice: where if its gay males (which almost every TV show seems to have gay males :patrice: ) they have tons of screen time doing gay shyt (Empire, etc.) :patrice: and almost 90% of the time the gay character is extra flamboyant as well :patrice: like they remind you hes a gay male every 30 seconds theyre on the screen :patrice:

this is a female... saying this.. why would she automatically want it to be a gay male? as a female why wouldnt she say its time for a lesbian super hero ? :patrice:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Don't forget this lady
Anissa-Lesbian-Black-Lightning.jpg

Or the joke in Wonder Woman that the women on Themyscira pleasure each other.

Yup...... EVERY DC show has atleast 2 gay characters over the last 5 years

Their reach and influence is much deeper and stronger than anywhere else cuz now “it’s not a big deal”

Martha