Marvel to officially fall back: Bob Iger - “about two TV series a year” and will decrease from four Marvel movies a year to “two to the maximum three"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

“I’ve been working hard with the studio to reduce output and focus more on quality,” Iger said, echoing comments he made previously about changing track from former CEO Bob Chapek’s push to make more content for Disney+.

“That’s particularly true with Marvel movies and television shows. Some of what is coming up is a vestige of basically a desire in the past to increase volume,” he continued. “We’re slowly going to decrease volume and go to probably about two TV series a year instead of what had become four and reduce our film output from maybe four a year to two to the maximum three.”

“We’ve got a couple of good films in 2025 and then we’re heading to more ‘Avengers’ which we’re extremely excited about. So overall I feel great about the slate, it’s something that I’ve committed to spending more and more time on, the team is one that I have tremendous confidence in and the IP that we’re mining, including all the sequels that we’re doing, is second to none. I feel really good about what’s coming up.”

After “Deadpool and Wolverine,” Marvel Studios will release “Captain America: Brave New World” in February 2025 and “Thunderbolts” in May 2025, with “The Fantastic Four” coming in July 2025 and “Blade” in November 2025.

On the small screen, there are animated series like “Eyes of Wakanda” and “Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man,” both believed to be heading to Disney+ this year, alongside “Agatha,” a live-action spin-off of breakout series “WandaVision,” coming for Halloween this year. Additionally, “Daredevil: Born Again” and “Ironheart” live-action series are coming soon.
aint no way all 4 of them come out in 2025...let alone all those shows...may as well send ironheart to the scrapheap now

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I remember saying that should have been the plan years ago yet some posters and Marvel fans tried arguing otherwise.

If we’re being honest, some of those shows and movies shouldn’t been greenlit and if they do, reign in those budgets as it‘s sustainable in this current streaming era.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
I remember saying that should have been the plan years ago yet some posters and Marvel fans tried arguing otherwise.

If we’re being honest, some of those shows and movies shouldn’t been greenlit and if they do, reign in those budgets as it‘s sustainable in this current streaming era.

This part. Bloated unnecessary budgets.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida

I remember some of the shyt they said they had planned like the Agatha show, Ironheart, etc.:gucci:

Like who the fukk asked for these?:gucci:

And then you had Echo and Secret Invasion flop hard which is all the reason why to stop green-lighting these bullshyt projects.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
The sheer amount of money they have pissed away especially on failed movies is absurd

They got far too complacent believing that audiences would just accept anything if it had a Marcel label on it, too much agenda driven BS and churning out projects no one was asking for.

End Game was really true to it's name.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Feige was best when he had somebody managing him. They gave that dumbass full reign after Avengers Endgame and he lost his damn mind. He needs to be reeled back in.

A shirt about Agatha? :mjtf:

I wasnt saying it was all good...:mjlol: but iger aint no savior either :dead: Remember how they had to get iger to be hands off during the MCU building because he was micromanaging everything??? Now if the movies aint a hit it's only gonna get worse...They need feige and other fanboywriters in the MCU that know what they're doing...:francis: