Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

llt23

All Star
Daps
While better than "Marvel" in 2017, KOF is still a shell of itself. These games are simple where they need complexity to really LIVE. Maybe everything running off Unreal Engine instead of being made accordingly is a part, idk:yeshrug:

Pretty much, bruh.

I dont really agree with this. KOF's most popular iterations are ones like 98, 2002 and for whatever reason 97 in China. Those games arent THAT complex in comparison to XIII which didnt really do that well despite a great artstyle. XIII had an insane execution barrier, XIV is easier but still not an easy execution game and I think its unfair to call it 'simple.' Either way KOF is and has been doing fine. Its only USA that doesnt get hype about it.:yeshrug:

With Marvel I agree and I disagree. I agree because part of the reason MVC2 lasted so long was because of its complexity (Probably helped that Marvel 3 didnt happen for another decade). But the mechanics themselves were not complex and the inputs were easy compared to other fighters. Pushblock, snap, DHC and team supers. All easy inputs and easy to understand. You can fill the screen with a team super just by pressing 2 buttons together. Marvel proved that easy inputs =/= easy game. Plus just look at those mechanics, all of them useful and fun to use. See thats a big difference with accessibility in 2017 and accessibility in 2000. DHC in marvel 2 is easy and fun. V trigger in 5 is not fun. Crush counter the same. Most of the big complaints of SFV arent really complexity but problems with the mechanics and the core gameplay instead. No footsies and stub normals for the majority of the cast. Forced easy links/combos (casuals probably still dont know what a 'link' is even though they made it easy). I guess the point here is MVC2 did have accessibility for new players through its input leniency and easy inputs, and yet maintained an extreme level of depth. Capcom in 2017 seems to struggle to do that, instead alienating both the casuals and the hardcore players.

What I personally didnt like in MVC3 (and this is just my opinion!!)was actually too many mechanics. Take MVC2 and add TAC, X factor, and artificially lengthen combos with the ground pick up. All the mechanics added were abused ad nauseum, which to me is different from MVC2 where the broken ness mostly just came from the games core gameplay. And the really real point is MVC2 thrived not just because its complex but because that was the perfect storm. All the goodTV cartoons from Marvel, and Capcom came through on fire with gameplay, came with a great artstyle and included EVERY1 you ever wanted. This should never be forgotten

I think moreso than complexity, FUN and the visuals is what keeps the games really going. If it was all about complexity then Blaz Blue version 5000 would be the most talked about fighter on here. :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont really agree with this. KOF's most popular iterations are ones like 98, 2002 and for whatever reason 97 in China. Those games arent THAT complex in comparison to XIII which didnt really do that well despite a great artstyle. XIII had an insane execution barrier, XIV is easier but still not an easy execution game and I think its unfair to call it 'simple.' Either way KOF is and has been doing fine. Its only USA that doesnt get hype about it.:yeshrug:

With Marvel I agree and I disagree. I agree because part of the reason MVC2 lasted so long was because of its complexity (Probably helped that Marvel 3 didnt happen for another decade). But the mechanics themselves were not complex and the inputs were easy compared to other fighters. Pushblock, snap, DHC and team supers. All easy inputs and easy to understand. You can fill the screen with a team super just by pressing 2 buttons together. Marvel proved that easy inputs =/= easy game. Plus just look at those mechanics, all of them useful and fun to use. See thats a big difference with accessibility in 2017 and accessibility in 2000. DHC in marvel 2 is easy and fun. V trigger in 5 is not fun. Crush counter the same. Most of the big complaints of SFV arent really complexity but problems with the mechanics and the core gameplay instead. No footsies and stub normals for the majority of the cast. Forced easy links/combos (casuals probably still dont know what a 'link' is even though they made it easy). I guess the point here is MVC2 did have accessibility for new players through its input leniency and easy inputs, and yet maintained an extreme level of depth. Capcom in 2017 seems to struggle to do that, instead alienating both the casuals and the hardcore players.

What I personally didnt like in MVC3 (and this is just my opinion!!)was actually too many mechanics. Take MVC2 and add TAC, X factor, and artificially lengthen combos with the ground pick up. All the mechanics added were abused ad nauseum, which to me is different from MVC2 where the broken ness mostly just came from the games core gameplay. And the really real point is MVC2 thrived not just because its complex but because that was the perfect storm. All the goodTV cartoons from Marvel, and Capcom came through on fire with gameplay, came with a great artstyle and included EVERY1 you ever wanted. This should never be forgotten

I think moreso than complexity, FUN and the visuals is what keeps the games really going. If it was all about complexity then Blaz Blue version 5000 would be the most talked about fighter on here. :yeshrug:
By complexity, I mean depth of strategy, combo engine, and roster, not core mechanics. The core mechanics are super simple now, too simple to maintain any high level metagame adaptation over time.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
This shyt just looks uninspiring. I literally yawned during that BP reveal. Meanwhile NR crushing buildings with that atom revel

i came in to say the same thing. I don't know if it's the art style or the lack of X-Men but I can't get excited about this game AT ALL.

Maybe it will take some high level tourny play to get me hype.​

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
am i the only person running into players online who super jump tag cancel constantly?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
After 2 weeks with the game, I think I am done. I have never been into rushdown strategies, and that is the only thing that works in this game.

It's just rushdown 50/50 and everything is a hit confirm into 50%+ combos.

As a defensive zoner, I know my style of play isn't the most entertaining to watch, but is that the only thing that matters? ESports?

I have to fall back on the only thing that works for me, which is the reality stone, and now everyone is complaining about that.

They need to increase chip damage.
Thats what the people want:manny:
Playing "lame" is greeted with booing and hate

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Can someone explain SonicFox dominance in here as well?:what:

He's a skullgirls master and this game is literally skullgirls plus gems(Relies heavily on lockdown and resets)

Also this game for some reason has a very weird pushblocking system where certain projectiles you cant pushblock (RR traps are one of them)

So Fox's team gets u in the corner via jedah. Does pinwheel then swaps to RR and the setplay begins. Because u cant pushblock the trap you literally have to guess. The worse thing is the length of time pinwheel is active. So Fox gets 3-4 mixups EVERYTIME. No one can block that long.(Especially with blocking being "Honest" in this game) No one. Just look at Steve's face after AMAZING blocking
Can you block this?

Fox run right now is 70% him being a Skullgirls god and 30% the pushblocking system being busted.

2 things can fix this. Either bring back "Chicken Blocking" or change the pushblocking properties of RR traps.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Sonicfox is redunkulous with exploiting broken tech or abusing the game. I remember early in MKX's first tourneys that Erron Black corner loop reset was fukking disgusting.:hhh:

It's still early doe I wanna see how the meta and gems evolve before we start throwing out patches. :yeshrug: