Marvel’s new Iron Man is a 15-year-old M.I.T black girl Riri Williams aka Iron Man(African American)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
shyt is just totally pandering...:skip:

but I understand why new characters aren't created like that at the big two anymore..

no writer/artist at this point is gonna give their best ideas when the indie route is actually viable now

cKondomsucK6

All Star
Daps
why couldn't it just be a black guy

the character is called iron MAN for a reason

lets just make a guy play wonder women in the next comic

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
it's stupid. make new characters and promote them. give them crossovers. this type of shyt never lasts, and people will always want stark

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's tangentially related to the topic but Tom Breevort has said for years, definitely since The Other arc for spider man, that they want to make more characters legacy characters. He talked about liking the way both barry allen and wally west are the flash and felt like Marvel needed more of that so what they're doing now has been a conscious decision in their offices for at least a decade

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:ohhh:Very good point

Yea.. I mean shyt...

Indie that can now lead to movies and tv series..because that's where the big payday is. They would be fools at this point not to go the indie route. Like Remender said "fukk writing for the big two..let me try and get this real money in the indie route" :skip:
Same thing with hickman, majorie liu, etc, etc..

Walking Dead blowin up and Mark Millar getting all of those movies done really changed the game.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's tangentially related to the topic but Tom Breevort has said for years, definitely since The Other arc for spider man, that they want to make more characters legacy characters. He talked about liking the way both barry allen and wally west are the flash and felt like Marvel needed more of that so what they're doing now has been a conscious decision in their offices for at least a decade
fukk Tom Brevoort though because DC has barely been able to pull that off and they have actually been doing it forever.