Mary J Blige appreciation thread

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I love me some Mary J Blige. She has such a powerful voice. I love the content she has too.

This is the booth and it's supposed to be hip hop oriented. I know I LOVE songs like "don't mind" "everything" or "your child" but for the purposes of this board I will stick to her features or songs with hip hop features that I like...including remixes or even samples just to cheat

That Chubb Rock sample :wow:

Having actual singing over hate it or love it gives it a completely different feel...especially with her chronicling her career and Game giving her that deference

This kinda put me on to Craig Mack

Imo Mary completely made this track

I prefer this remix over the other and the first one and especially the original

They still made a good team years later. Tribe called Quest sample

I absolutely consider this whole track a standout for this album

This is the one I was wondering if I was cheating even putting up here. This is not a genuine collaboration but I like both of Mary J's versions. I usually hate covers and feel artists don't do covers but MJB absolutely owned this Chaka Khan track her own. It's a lot harder to do that knowing how hard the hip hop community fukks with Chaka in her own right. For most covers to get a life of their own...it has to be like some abstract shyt the listener is unfamiliar with...not an icon from your own genre

Happy Easter brehs