Mary J Blige Says She Owes $25 Million In Advances And Doesn't Own Her Music Catalog

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
Hope she's lying for court purposes. I don't find it funny when legendary black artists don't have the paper they should to show for their careers, too many of our top artists get fleeced from their paper, shyt doesn't happen nearly as often to top selling white artists.

I don’t think she’s lying. That’s why she has been touring so hard these past few years.

I thought the Strength of a Woman tour was over in 2017 until I saw on Instagram she still doing shows and even re-visiting cities.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Getting finessed like she working for death row :ohhh:

The irony of this situation is she actually RAN to SUGE to help SAVE her from the mob influenced finances her and Jodeci was dealing with at MCA RECORDS..

In which her boss Andre Harrell was nothing more than a puppet for Irving Azoff and Michael Franceze and the Colombo Family.of New York...

51zZeZMogbL._AC_UL320_SR216,320_.jpg

Suge always takes pride in standing up for Mary when he was her manager she was in his words...

"Locked in A very fukked up contract"...

Suge tried to get her to come to Death Row..but MCA put out a cease and desist against Suge and Death Row

So MCA promised her they would be able to rectify the situation during the transition into UNIVERSAL RECORDS...

but it was a lie.....

The advances and budget got bigger with little to nothing on the backend and Mary took the bait....

And has been enslaved to the Universal machine ever since..

She tried to break free during her collaboration with Dr Dre ..cause at the time Jimmy Iovine was pursuing her to come to INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH but Doug Morris refused to sign off on it cause Jimmy couldn't meet Doug's buyout price for Mary contract....

She still feels in debt to Jimmy for his efforts..

It was Jimmy Iovine who took her in after she claims she was homeless last year 2017

Mary J. Blige Breaks Down While Receiving Hollywood Star: 'I Was Homeless Last Year' | EURweb

When all hell was turning loose in 2016 and I had to file and all of that stuff, I was homeless last year,” she said, adding, “Jimmy Iovine took me in to his Malibu home, he and his beautiful wife, Liberty. I will never forget that.”

Last edited:

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
Not surprised at all going on 50 plus years and me and @THE RETIRED SKJ said in previous threads nikkas never learned from ray charles and james brown about owning your own masters and publishing

nikkas are allergic to reading and only see and hear about the fans they will have, the famous people they will meet, the gorgeous cities they will visit , the hotel stays, the car rentals and the possibilities of movie and tv appearances all the while not knowing those come with expenses and loans in your record deal..

And to con the TLCs, Toni braxtons and mary j blige females isn't that hard

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
She was rolling with Maxwell for a minute. For these old school jams, she probably wants too much money. Imagine splitting the pot with Keith Sweat, Tony, Toni, Tone, En Voque, Color Me Bad, BBD. Thats who is touring this year.

She pointed out that because she is viewed as a "legacy artist," the bookings aren't translating into the kind of wealth one might imagine it would. For example, The Strength of a Woman Tour that kept her busy through 2017 only grossed $15 million.

lol @ "only" $15 million dollars. Two years of successful touring should put her in the black. Something else must be going on.

I mean for MJB in 2018 to still be pulling in $15 mil a year from only touring is crazy. She hasnt had a truly successful album since like 05-06

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony of this situation is she actually RAN to SUGE to help SAVE her from the mob influenced finances her and Jodeci was dealing with at MCA RECORDS..

In which her boss Andre Harrell was nothing more than a puppet for Irving Azoff and Michael Franceze and the Colombo Family.of New York...

51zZeZMogbL._AC_UL320_SR216,320_.jpg

Suge always takes pride in standing up for Mary when he was her manager she was in his words...

"Locked in A very fukked up contract"...

Suge tried to get her to come to Death Row..but MCA put out a cease and desist against Suge and Death Row

So MCA promised he they would be able to rectify the situation during the transition into UNIVERSAL RECORDS...

but it was a lie.....

The advances and budget got bigger with little to nothing on the backend and Mary took the bait....

And has been enslaved to the Universal machine ever since..

She tried to break free during her collaboration with Dr Dre ..cause at the time Jimmy Iovine was pursuing her to come to INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH but Doug Morris refused to sign off on it cause Jimmy couldn't meet Doug's buyout price for Mary contract....

She still feels in debt to Jimmy for his efforts..

It was Jimmy Iovine who took her in after she claims she was homeless last year 2017

Mary J. Blige Breaks Down While Receiving Hollywood Star: 'I Was Homeless Last Year' | EURweb

When all hell was turning loose in 2016 and I had to file and all of that stuff, I was homeless last year,” she said, adding, “Jimmy Iovine took me in to his Malibu home, he and his beautiful wife, Liberty. I will never forget that.”

:ohhh:

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
If I’m reading this right...the 25 Million is ON TOP of the 12 Million she accrued in tax debt with Kendu...on top of the temporary 30k she paying this nikka in spousal support.

Mary is legend so I won’t clown her. She’s the epitome of “get knocked down 9 times to get back up 10.” I cant say nothing bad about her. But I hope she gets through this. She might need to just file bankruptcy and start fresh.

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
:snoop: Gawddamit man why didn't she fight for her masters and shyt man??? Also $25 million in Debt???:why:

When u high off coke and lack of knowledge of business u put your trust into others u think who will treat u right..

It goes to show u how nikkas never studied the business practices of previous musician's more than studied old artist music