Mary J Blige Says She Owes $25 Million In Advances And Doesn't Own Her Music Catalog

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The irony of this situation is she actually RAN to SUGE to help SAVE her from the mob influenced finances her and Jodeci was dealing with at MCA RECORDS..

In which her boss Andre Harrell was nothing more than a puppet for Irving Azoff and Michael Franceze and the Colombo Family.of New York...

51zZeZMogbL._AC_UL320_SR216,320_.jpg

Suge always takes pride in standing up for Mary when he was her manager she was in his words...

"Locked in A very fukked up contract"...

Suge tried to get her to come to Death Row..but MCA put out a cease and desist against Suge and Death Row

So MCA promised her they would be able to rectify the situation during the transition into UNIVERSAL RECORDS...

but it was a lie.....

The advances and budget got bigger with little to nothing on the backend and Mary took the bait....

And has been enslaved to the Universal machine ever since..

She tried to break free during her collaboration with Dr Dre ..cause at the time Jimmy Iovine was pursuing her to come to INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH but Doug Morris refused to sign off on it cause Jimmy couldn't meet Doug's buyout price for Mary contract....

She still feels in debt to Jimmy for his efforts..

It was Jimmy Iovine who took her in after she claims she was homeless last year 2017

Mary J. Blige Breaks Down While Receiving Hollywood Star: 'I Was Homeless Last Year' | EURweb

When all hell was turning loose in 2016 and I had to file and all of that stuff, I was homeless last year,” she said, adding, “Jimmy Iovine took me in to his Malibu home, he and his beautiful wife, Liberty. I will never forget that.”
@stomachlines You see this thread?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She was under Puffy's people at 1 point right? :francis:of course she ain't owning them 90s hits:mjlol:
Nah she was on uptown puff was a vp there at the time I'm honestly surprised she doesn't own her shyt. Suge came through and strong armed his way into managing her back in the day.