Mase's "Harlem World" turns 18 today

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
RjZyv9A.jpg
The album is now an adult, brehs and brehettes. What's your favorite track from this album? Did you like it when it dropped? I think it's an ok album, nothing really special. My favorite track was the classic "Feel So Good".

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Harlem finally had a rapper that really put Harlem on the map in the 90's...Mobstyle, MMG, Zhigge, McGruff and Big L were too local and underground to take their names to great heights like Mase did. Out of all the boroughs, Harlem was looking dry all thru the 90's until Mase came.....But he didnt really rep the Harlem we all knew....Mase was more a polished superstar rapper from Harlem......It took his protege Camron and the Dips who would come later down the line to rep gritty Harlem the way it really was in the 90's.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One of the first albums I copped as a 13 year old, bunch of change and worn out $1 bills at Blockbuster music....shyt was like $20.00, was always one of my favorites....I came up on Mase, No Way Out, Big, Black Rob....This was maybe my first time hearing the Lox, DMX, etc.

I used to walk to middle school listening to 'Take Whats Yours', and '24 Hours To Live', 'Will They Die 4 U', 'Lookin At Me'...'yo girl....roll harder then some of yo nikkas.....'

Still walk listening to those tracks lol.....'nikkaz Wanna Act' is my shyt too, 'What You Want', classic...