42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
One thing I missed about ME1 that I wished they wouldve have changed was the unlimited ammo and just weapon recharge shyt.

I dont know who complained about that but wished they kept that. I hate scavenging for ammo or when you run out being SOL.

Martha
No one complained about it lol. They even made the lack of ammo part of the lore. They had to retcon to make ammo a thing.

When the ME2 hit, they went to the ammo system because it made the game easier to balance with the added weapon diversity. I'm still not that big of a fan of ME2. Between it being a daddy issues simulator and them stripping down every RPG element in the game to be space gears of war it just kinda lost me compared to the first. I enjoyed it but there was such a tonal shift that it can definitely be looked at as how ME3 ended up like it did.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Breh no offense but I explained to you a long ass time ago in real time "ME1" was extremely well received....so to play it years later like "yeah, controls are trash" is disingenuous. If the controls were actually trash....as opposed to you just not liking them....then reality would've reflected that in real time. It didn't....what reality did reflect in real time is, despite the controls and game play being better to you, "ME3" ran the franchise into the ground and "Andromeda" was the nail in the coffin.

"ME2" was the perfect blend of story and game play....and that was 8 years ago. The games have gotten progressively worse chasing the things you're saying were improvements on the franchise. People who bought into the franchise did not sign up for the shyt to turn into "COD".

Fred.

Can't agree with that. You're not going to change my opinion.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
MEA is :trash: based on the writing alone. This breh on Youtube summed it up perfectly

He pulled out the lore from the original trilogy to shyt on em :wow:

Whoever wrote MEA obviously never played an ME game

I'm obviously not about to watch 18 minutes of some dude shytting on a game, but the time stamp you link to, the Aliens know english (or better yet the Milky Way languages since everyone speaks with a translator) because they've had contact with the exiles months before. I'm pretty sure everything he had a complaint about could be answered by people who actually played the damn game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm obviously not about to watch 18 minutes of some dude shytting on a game, but the time stamp you link to, the Aliens know english because they've had contact with the exiles months before. I'm pretty sure everything he had a complaint about could be answered by people who actually played the damn game.
i'm starting to think you just like being different now :mjlol:

the entire idea of exiles in the andromeda game is broken from top to bottom too

from the main group of people trying to start a colony and it getting ravaged to the exiles with no supplies somehow creating a towering fortress, an outlaw haven, and managing to create and protect trade routes between settlements as well as make contact with the fukkboy aliens. its beyond stupid. and the thing is, people were already willing to accept a bit of retconning and fukkery in order to see this game happen in order to give it a fair chance.

nah. we got exiles mining asteroids and shyt doing stuff your own station can't lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
i'm starting to think you just like being different now :mjlol:

the entire idea of exiles in the andromeda game is broken from top to bottom too

from the main group of people trying to start a colony and it getting ravaged to the exiles with no supplies somehow creating a towering fortress, an outlaw haven, and managing to create and protect trade routes between settlements as well as make contact with the fukkboy aliens. its beyond stupid. and the thing is, people were already willing to accept a bit of retconning and fukkery in order to see this game happen in order to give it a fair chance.

nah. we got exiles mining asteroids and shyt doing stuff your own station can't lol

Nah. I just think it's flaws don't turn this into a bad game. I do have a problem with how far the exiles got in 14 months. It's not realistic (but I mean this is science fiction). But the fortress (Kadara Port) belonged to the Angara already. Sometime between the rebellion and when the pathfinder gets there Sloan took it over.

My biggest issue that can be resolved because it wasn't mentioned in the game is population. How many people were on the Nexus before the arks got there, because the exiles made a lot of progress for it to just be a few thousand people. That would involved strategy that would probably make the pathfinders job irrelevant.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I've beat this game 4 times since I got it, and I'm on my 5th play through. A lot of these so called potholes are easily answered. There are things I miss about the OT with Andromeda like the Paragon/Renegade shyt, but the RPG like controls is definitely not one of them.

I keep hearing people talk about the Frostbite engine but I don't see how that has made the game any worse? It's made movement better and combat better. It's definitely better than the damn Unreal Engine.

I would have liked to see my choices have a bigger affect on the game. The only person who affected by my choices is Captain Dunn if I don't save/find the other pathfinders.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm obviously not about to watch 18 minutes of some dude shytting on a game, but the time stamp you link to, the Aliens know english (or better yet the Milky Way languages since everyone speaks with a translator) because they've had contact with the exiles months before. I'm pretty sure everything he had a complaint about could be answered by people who actually played the damn game.

How does everyone in the entire galaxy have a translator? Especially when the Andromeda crew are still looking for new Worlds in said galaxy

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
How does everyone in the entire galaxy have a translator? Especially when the Andromeda crew are still looking for new Worlds in said galaxy

If you're talking about the Angara? Idk, but they are an advance race so it's not hard to assume they have one. But for the Milky Way species that's lore that goes back to ME1. They mentioned it quite a few times throughout the OT. So it makes sense that the people on the initiative would have one.

Jaal even mentions during a talk on the ship or the rover thing that something must not have translated correctly.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Why would you not send a pathfinder first? By a substantial margin so as to not run into some sort of easily avoidable cosmic anomaly? :jbhmm:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Why would you not send a pathfinder first? By a substantial margin so as to not run into some sort of easily avoidable cosmic anomaly? :jbhmm:

The pathfinders were to check in on their home planets first before they went to the Nexus. But if you're talking about why didn't the pathfinders not go to Andromeda first with the Nexus? Than IDK. It's a plot hole. But with every story, you're going to have those. It's inevitable.

The OT has a shyt ton of plot holes that I overlook. shyt Dragon Ball is full of plot holes and people love that. shyt happens.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
"ME2" was the perfect blend of story and game play....and that was 8 years ago. The games have gotten progressively worse chasing the things you're saying were improvements on the franchise. People who bought into the franchise did not sign up for the shyt to turn into "COD".
:mjlol:

Thats what holmes dont get

Hates the OG, but, loves the watered down version

And I forgot how bad ME3 was because I didn't become a fan until it dropped and while every one was mad about the Day One DLC and ending, I was :ohhh::mjgrin::wow::pachaha::jbhmm::gladbron:@ ME1 and 2
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/we-shouldve-seen-this-ea-mass-effect-fiasco-coming.590880/

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea I agree with Uatu.

When ME1 first dropped.... for its time there really wasnt no complaints about it. Everyone loved that game it was one of the games highly touted on the Xbox as a game you should by the console to play.

A lot of complaints about it now are revisionist history shyt about it. And naturally with the advances of so much shyt since them, its easy to pick about any flaws after the fact

Martha

Exactly.

I already said earlier in the thread criticizing "ME1" while praising "Andromeda" would be like doing the same for the PS1 and PS4. The PS4 didn't exist back then so any comparisons would be retroactive and out of context....and given how "ME1" was received vs how "Andromeda" was received it can't really be argued objectively that the latter is better than the former.

:mjlol:

Thats what holmes dont get

Hates the OG, but, loves the watered down version

And I forgot how bad ME3 was because I didn't become a fan until it dropped and while every one was mad about the Day One DLC and ending, I was :ohhh::mjgrin::wow::pachaha::jbhmm::gladbron:@ ME1 and 2
We should've seen this EA/Mass Effect fiasco coming

I remember that. I remember I had to tell you "nah breh...." and explain how the series went left.

What's crazy is I told cats years ago in the original "ME3" thread....or one of the "ME3" threads at the time....that it would be the death of the franchise. Right after the "Extended Cut" DLC or whatever came out. And cats said I wasn't thinking clearly because I was an "ME" stan....come to find out the shyt was so bad they wouldn't even let the OG team work on "Andromeda" so they could distance themselves from the franchise.:hhh:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No one complained about it lol. They even made the lack of ammo part of the lore. They had to retcon to make ammo a thing.

When the ME2 hit, they went to the ammo system because it made the game easier to balance with the added weapon diversity. I'm still not that big of a fan of ME2. Between it being a daddy issues simulator and them stripping down every RPG element in the game to be space gears of war it just kinda lost me compared to the first. I enjoyed it but there was such a tonal shift that it can definitely be looked at as how ME3 ended up like it did.

What's crazy is if not for the ending of 3 and "Andromeda" we'd be able to objectively discuss the flaws of 2....but as it stands shyt got so much worse I'd happily take ten versions of 2 before what we actually got. :francis:

Fred.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I'm playing through Mordin's loyalty mission and damn the writing in this game is dope.

The Genophage

Krogans fighting over revenge and building their race

Mordin's role

His feelings towards it

The things Krogans put themselves through to cure it :to:

Meanwhile the deepest shyt in Andromeda is some vapid bullshyt about (I don't care about spoiling it) the Angarans being a created race by the Jordans, Rements, whatever and "What does that mean about us?" :dry:

Last edited: