Massachusetts sheriff offers to have inmates build wall along U.S.-Mexico border

keepemup

Banned
Daps
If they got to reduce their sentence by working, as is usual in jail, then I don't see any problem with this. Perhaps they could get a certificate as a builder and be able to make some money upon release?

无名的

Superstar
Daps
What if they could opt to knock off time through work? :patrice:

If they got to reduce their sentence by working, as is usual in jail, then I don't see any problem with this. Perhaps they could get a certificate as a builder and be able to make some money upon release?

These would be acceptable to me. Prisoners voluntarily choose to do this, get paid and non-violent offenders can reduce their sentence, saving the government the inordinate amounts of money we waste per year imprisoning people. Might be a win-win.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure a lot of locked up dudes would welcome the chance to work and have time pass by more quickly. Forcing people to work doesn't sit right but I would imagine they'll have plenty of volunteers who want to gtfo of their cell for a little while.

Trump undercutting Mexico at every step though :heh:

and having that opportunity to escape

:blessed:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These would be acceptable to me. Prisoners voluntarily choose to do this, get paid and non-violent offenders can reduce their sentence, saving the government the inordinate amounts of money we waste per year imprisoning people. Might be a win-win.

or maybe we shouldn't be imprisoning non-violent offenders in the first place and saving god knows what

:patrice: