Mastadon, Hive Social, something else. What will take Twitters place?

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Contemplating signing up for Mastadon :jbhmm:

TBH, I can take or leave Twitter since it's not as specialized towards my interests as I like, but a lot of the passionate pro learning/pro open-source tweeters that I do like are the type to jump ship quickly

bnew

Veteran
Daps
it's out now edit it's down

he needs to add location/geo search and the 'advanced search' doesn't do anything.
the site is a bit slow but I don't know if that because of traffic or by design.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Contemplating signing up for Mastadon :jbhmm:

TBH, I can take or leave Twitter since it's not as specialized towards my interests as I like, but a lot of the passionate pro learning/pro open-source tweeters that I do like are the type to jump ship quickly
Finally made the plunge today.

Decided I can't sit back and enable Twitter as it turns into a racist, bigoted trash heap. I also realized that I'd rather sacrifice the size of Twitter for a more friendly community

I redirect all Twitter content through Nitter.net, and I have used RSS to save the feeds of those that are still on Twitter.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Finally made the plunge today.

Decided I can't sit back and enable Twitter as it turns into a racist, bigoted trash heap. I also realized that I'd rather sacrifice the size of Twitter for a more friendly community

I redirect all Twitter content through Nitter.net, and I have used RSS to save the feeds of those that are still on Twitter.

heres some news sources

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get why they don't have a 'like' button, but it really feels like you're shouting into the abyss when there's no clear way to co-sign content w/o cluttering up other people's newsfeed via 'share'. My like:share ratio on typical social media site is like 1:1000 because I don't post content and therefore don't have any followers to share content with.

I guess I can show support by sharing content to my zero followers, but it seems pointless