• Debatable

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Smack has to start determining winners at these shows...whether people agree or not with the judgement it makes it more compelling.

But Cortez and Math got this because of verb constantly fukkin up...ill did his thing tho.
For what?

All people are gonna say is that "rapper X go robbed" if they disagree, so we'd basically here the same types of discussions

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I get what you guys are saying...all valid points...but realize that if they execute the judgment part correctly...BATTLING GOES TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL...it's been executed poorly thus far...but if done right (bigger money on the line and proper judgement execution)...this shyt blows ozone

Nvm

Seems like u dont understand how opinionated battle rap is

If u got a punchline rapper vs. A real talk rapper and they both spit 3 flawless rounds, who won? It would have to come down to your personal preference, that isnt good judging. Hiw would you judge a joke bar? Whether it makes YOU laugh or if it make the crowd laugh?

Cant go off of crowd reaction cuz 99% of the crowd is drunk, battles later on in the night usually have less crowd reaction due to nikkas being tired whereas the first battles of the night always seem crazy cuz the crowd is justjust hype to be there etc.

Waaaay too many variables, the boxing comparison doesnt work cuz you can actually see how a punch lands or misses and how it effects the opponent

Total Slaughter was a huge event, on tv and everything, decent amount of money on the line, still didnt work out properly

Judging could prolly only work when u have a punchline rapper mirror match, and even then if they make references to something that u persoally dont know about how are u gonna judge it?

U keep saying "if it was done right/proper judge execution...." but can u even explain what that is? Damn near every battle rapper and blogger has some type of bias that makes them bad judges

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ill was really on that dope???

Don't you see how skinny he has become, cheekbones and all? He wasn't buff before, but you can see that something ain't right with dude.

And it's a damn shame what happened to him...

Gustavo J

Pro
Daps
Don't you see how skinny he has become, cheekbones and all? He wasn't buff before, but you can see that something ain't right with dude.

And it's a damn shame what happened to him...

I think i might be in denial man.....

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
underwhelming battle. best part was the white guy clapping off the milly rock line. he was smiling.

verb is trash, mainly because he really think he got god bars and they just average.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No...I didn't see the event, and don't give a fukk about the event. If it was done poorly like you say then that's not what I'm talking about, cuz it's not always what you're doing, sometimes it's the execution.:aicmon:

Just as in boxing...if neither fighter gets clearly knocked out, if u don't have a judgement process it's just two cats swinging on each other for 12 rounds...it means nothing.

I'll keep watching these events because I like bars...but us as the viewers just saying who we think won will get old 10years from now. The judges have to be well versed and respected...but a clear winner acknowledged by smack along with a belt will make competition much more crazy, this also allows for organized divisions....this is hip hop's sport, it should be treated that way.
I've been trying to explain this to these fools for two years.

The internet fans and battlers themselves scared to make the battles definitive is killing the "sport." But I just let them cook. They won't get it until its too late.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now because Lux lost Total Slaughter "didn't work out properly" :heh:

You guys never fail to push your narratives.

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I've been trying to explain this to these fools for two years.

The internet fans and battlers themselves scared to make the battles definitive is killing the "sport." But I just let them cook. They won't get it until its too late.
Yea, nikkas wasn't feeling what I was saying when I said it either. But it's really a no-brainer...

Adding judgment opens this up to a level of competing it's missing now. Some battles would go down in history as well as the mc if proper judging was allowed. We KNOW the judges won't always get it right, they never do anywhere, but judging builds intrigue ...that will make these memorable.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, nikkas wasn't feeling what I was saying when I said it either. But it's really a no-brainer...

Adding judgment opens this up to a level of competing it's missing now. Some battles would go down in history as well as the mc if proper judging was allowed. We KNOW the judges won't always get it right, they never do anywhere, but judging builds intrigue ...that will make these memorable.
All I know is:
  • Daylyt got ass naked
  • Joe Budden lit a cig and quit
  • Lux rapped two rounds to himself

Which one of these battles weren't judged properly?

@theflyest @T-K-G :stopitslime:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikkas hate authority...sometimes to a fault:manny:

lol I told you a well respected league just did a whole judged battle event, and YOU didn't care. It didn't get a lot of love, that's because the people that keep battle rap alive right now aren't interested in judged battles as much as you say. YOU aren't into judged battles as much as you say. You're typing just to type.
In order to get the top level battlers to embrace judged battles, you'd have to add an additional layer of compensation. So they'd have to get paid what they usually get, then get paid AGAIN for winning. I don't think the leagues are interested in spending more money. Where is this money going to come from?