Matt Taibbi goes in on Romney something fierce

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Wow. If you live long enough, you’ll see some truly gross things in politics, but Mitt Romney’s work this past week "courting black support" was enough to turn even the strongest stomach.

Romney really showed us something in his luridly self-congratulating N.A.A.C.P. gambit, followed by the awesomely disgusting "free stuff" post-mortem speech he delivered the next night in front of friendlier audiences. The twin appearances revealed the candidate to be not merely unlikable, and not merely a fatuous, unoriginal hack of politician, but also a genuinely repugnant human being, a grasping corporate hypocrite with so little feel for how to get along with people that he has to dream up elaborate schemes just to try to pander to the mob.

CONTINUED HERE

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
holy hell people are overanalyzing this speech to death

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Cool Story Bro.

Meh. The article itself isnt very convincing other than the usual left pandering.

Romney went to the NAACP (he was invited) and said to them pretty much the exact same thing he has said throughout his campaign. NAACP is about equality and Romney treated them the same way he treats any of his audiences. To falsely cater to them, like Biden bordered on doing, is demeaning. But he gets away with it b.c he plays for the same team as them.

all the other mubo jumbo Taibi is trying to get at is like I said the faux white guilt pandering. It is demeaning.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh. The article itself isnt very convincing other than the usual left pandering.

Romney went to the NAACP (he was invited) and said to them pretty much the exact same thing he has said throughout his campaign. NAACP is about equality and Romney treated them the same way he treats any of his audiences. To falsely cater to them, like Biden bordered on doing, is demeaning. But he gets away with it b.c he plays for the same team as them.

all the other mubo jumbo Taibi is trying to get at is like I said the faux white guilt pandering. It is demeaning.

Don't even know what you are talking about. In the interviews following that speech he was quite :smugfavre: about the speech. It was obvious he got the reaction he was looking for and he proceeded to use it on the stump to appeal to his base by bringing up stereotypes of black folk as people who just want "free stuff" and if that is the case, they can go vote for someone else.

How exactly is that analysis faux white guilt.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Don't even know what you are talking about. In the interviews following that speech he was quite :smugfavre: about the speech. It was obvious he got the reaction he was looking for and he proceeded to use it on the stump to appeal to his base by bringing up stereotypes of black folk as people who just want "free stuff" and if that is the case, they can go vote for someone else.

How exactly is that analysis faux white guilt.

They booed Obamacare. They actually applauded several times throughout the speech if you watch the entire thing.

If you honestly think Romney went there with the intention to get booed to satisfy his base you're a fool. I know we now live in an era where people don't care whether or not they get bad press because they just want the exposure but that is not true with politicians. No politician wants to get booed. There is a such thing as bad publicity in politics.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They booed Obamacare. They actually applauded several times throughout the speech if you watch the entire thing.

If you honestly think Romney went there with the intention to get booed to satisfy his base you're a fool. I know we now live in an era where people don't care whether or not they get bad press because they just want the exposure but that is not true with politicians. No politician wants to get booed. There is a such thing as bad publicity in politics.

You are shockingly naive. Did you see how :lolbron: he was when he was been interviewed on Fox about the speech? Did you notice how he relished telling "them" to go vote for the other guy if "they" wanted "free stuff".

And this was a written stump speech not a freestyle.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

:what:

So Romney did that, and then the next night he went to Montana and he discussed the experience in front of a friendlier audience. And this is what he said:

When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren’t happy, I didn’t get the same response. That’s O.K, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don’t stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that’s just fine…

But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy — more free stuff.

Read more: Romney's 'Free Stuff' Speech Is a New Low | Matt Taibbi | Rolling Stone

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
You are shockingly naive. Did you see how :lolbron: he was when he was been interviewed on Fox about the speech? Did you notice how he relished telling "them" to go vote for the other guy if "they" wanted "free stuff".

And this was a written stump speech not a freestyle.

if you think Romney is just a racist rich cac who looks down on blacks and other minorities as lesser humans then there's no point in even having this discussion.

That's your prerogative

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
if you think Romney is just a racist rich cac who looks down on blacks and other minorities as lesser humans then there's no point in even having this discussion.

That's your prerogative
Dog...are you serious right now? Mitt had no intention of reaching out to the black community in that speech. He had no intention on bridging the gap between minorities and his political party. He went there strictly to be on some "Aye this is how it's gonna be, if you don't like it, too bad" type shyt.

The very fact that he characterized "Obamacare" as "free stuff" kinda lets you know what his platform is

It's veiled racism at it's best...class warfare as well

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Dog...are you serious right now? Mitt had no intention of reaching out to the black community in that speech. He had no intention on bridging the gap between minorities and his political party. He went there strictly to be on some "Aye this is how it's gonna be, if you don't like it, too bad" type shyt.

So you would have preferred him to lie?

These are Romey's beliefs. They apply to everyone equally.