Matt Taibbi goes in on Romney something fierce

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you think Romney is just a racist rich cac who looks down on blacks and other minorities as lesser humans then there's no point in even having this discussion.

That's your prerogative

I don't know if he is a racist or not. But I know he is smart, calculating and cynical.

And this was very calculated move to appeal to his base. Are dumb or do you just live in la la land where politicians never have hidden agendas? Politicians B. Think about it.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So you would have preferred him to lie?
I would have preferred him not show up period. Anyone who understands the political climate and nature of this country knows Obama did'nt show up because he knows that if he's seen as being preferential to blacks at this point in his presidency, he's potentially...keyword...POTENTIALLY adding more negative issues to deal with during his reelection campaign.

Yes...one can go on a long road trip in the desert with 10 tanks of gasoline in the backseat while occasionally smoking cigarettes in the front seat.

But why add risk to an already volatile situation?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Tiabbi is the gawd and Trip is as shytty a poster here as he was on sohh.

I just dont live in the same super liberal bizarre la-la land as you.

whatever romney said at the naacp would have gotten shytted on by everyone here so its moot anyways.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

whatever romney said at the naacp would have gotten shytted on by everyone here so its moot anyways.
But that's more because many of us see through Romneys bullshyt. We know he doesn't have a REAL platform to speak of and the reality is, anything he's saying right now are the talking points of the GOP. And not because he believes in them but because he wants to be President.

Where is that video where Romney was shytting on McCain during the election talking about Obama is gonna destroy him and shyt...I hope it's still up on YT

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I don't think Taibbi was only speaking in terms of Romney's Speech though Trip.

Taibbi takes issue that they next night he basically said "I told them the truth. They didn't like the truth. If the blacks want free shyt tell them to continue to vote for Obama" in front of a white only GOP crowd in Montana.

This moves has the stench of "Southern Strategy" all over it.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
But that's more because many of us see through Romneys bullshyt. We know he doesn't have a REAL platform to speak of and he reality is, anything he's saying right now are the talking points of the GOP. And not because he believes in them but because he wants to be President.

Where is that video where Romney was shytting on McCain during the election talking about Obama is gonna destroy him and shyt...I hope it's still up on YT

his platform is basically what Obama ran on 4 years ago. Im not Bush(now Obama) and Im going to turn the economy around.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his platform is basically what Obama ran on 4 years ago. Im not Bush(now Obama) and Im going to turn the economy around.

:snoop: we are not discussing his policies. We are talking about the cynical and deliberate tactic that he pulled

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Taibbi was only speaking in terms of Romney's Speech though Trip.

Taibbi takes issue that they next night he basically said "I told them the truth. They didn't like the truth. If the blacks want free shyt tell them to continue to vote for Obama" in front of a white only GOP crowd in Montana.

This moves has the stench of "Southern Strategy" all over it.

link?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
:snoop: we are not discussing his policies. We are talking about the cynical and deliberate tactic that he pulled

I realize that. We just disagree that there was some hidden agenda here to appeal to his wall street white base. I dont see an upside in it

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

What you fail to realize that has nothing to do with being liberal or any biased ideological persuasion and all that is required to see the motive at play here is a keen, observant political mind, which apparently you do not possess. Romney OBVIOUSLY did not address the NAACP in order to try and garner black votes, and it was rather at play at rallying his base and going after white independents. Can you think of any other presidential candidate going to speak in front of any group that represents a voting bloc and not pandering to them? I'll wait...

Romney knows he's not going to win any black votes. He gave a basic conservative stump speech and then went on to brag about how he told the negroes what was what and didn't kiss their ass and how he's not going to give them any free stuff. This is not a liberal opinion, it's a factual observation that anybody who understands politics knows. Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, Lee Atwater, and Frank Luntz know what I'm saying it true even if they won't admit it. If you don't get it, you just don't get it and there's nothing I can do to help you.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So you would have preferred him to lie?

These are Romey's beliefs. They apply to everyone equally.

What about "Obamacare" is free stuff? Go ahead and explain. It's like none of you guys ever studied symbolism in politics or the racial resentment theory. Don't act naive. There are keys words politicians have used forever. With that said, Romney was flying in his own black people to applaud for stuff he said. Get the fukk out of here.

Mitt Romney Tried to Rig NAACP Crowd by Flying in His Own African Americans