McDonalds somehow gets away with stereotyping us

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Very interesting. That brother YouTube channel has good content but he doesn’t upload very often. Would like to see more stuff from him.

McDonald’s always had some :mjpls: ads especially on BET back in the day, but I had no knowledge about the ads from the 70’s & 80’s. I wanted to give them credit for always including black actors in their ads, but like the brother in the video said the first misstep is having white people scripting their ads trying to portray black people.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Interesting. I'm not sure that I agree completely in regards to McDonald's but overall I get what he's saying.

So he uses this 1979 McDonald's commercial as one his examples. I'm not sure I have a problem with this commercial especially in 1979.
A Black churchgoing family. Father representation. Everyone seems happy. I even like the gospel inspired music. Am I bugging???

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Interesting. I'm not sure that I agree completely in regards to McDonald's but overall I get what he's saying.

So he uses this 1979 McDonald's commercial as one his examples. I'm not sure I have a problem with this commercial especially in 1979.
A Black churchgoing family. Father representation. Everyone seems happy. I even like the gospel inspired music. Am I bugging???

The biggest problem is like he said no grandmother back then is eating McDonalds. Other than that it’s a positive commercial. I posted it so brehs could see the entire commercial.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem is like he said no grandmother back then is eating McDonalds. Other than that it’s a positive commercial. I posted it so brehs could see the entire commercial.
I hear you. The Calvin commercials he discussed are more problematic. I just didn't feel any type of way about this one.
Overall, his points about how media represents American Black people to the rest of the world is especially on point.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I hear you. The Calvin commercials he discussed are more problematic. I just didn't feel any type of way about this one.
Overall, his points about how media represents American Black people to the rest of the world is especially on point.
That second one I posted from IG is one he should’ve used. That was cringe.