DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
All those engaged in any aspects of the song’s writing will get publishing royalty if credited, but he is saying he was swindled out of the rights to his publishing for a nominal fee of $500

Isn’t he only on one verse on one song tho? Madviallainy isn’t exactly hitting diamond status anytime soon. I get that it should obviously be more than $500 but let’s not go too overboard with it.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
You get royalties for features?

If you get performance and/or writing credit on a song through a PRO then yes.

Isn’t he only on one verse on one song tho? Madviallainy isn’t exactly hitting diamond status anytime soon. I get that it should obviously be more than $500 but let’s not go too overboard with it.

Off of one song off of that particular project he’s probably looking at $20-40K and especially after inflation. It’s legit one of the most popular underground albums of all time.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps

Madlib doing a beat for Ye always rubbed me the wrong way. Something about him never sat right; as long as he gets his cut, he probably cares less about an ex-associate unless it had direct benefit for him and Egon.
If Madvillainy 2 never comes out or if Egon and Madlib have guest rappers take verses out of DOOM's rhyme book to finish Madvillainy 2 that's proof enough, pass it off as a "homage to DOOM and honoring his legacy" to have other rappers use his verses from a stolen rhyme book. An album with the deceased as the highlight of your career, it's safe to assume what his business partner might be thinking and how that book is going to be used. Wouldn't be far fetched in hip-hop:

Some of those verses sound like BIG.
How many posthumous albums Pac got?
last-tupac-shakur-photo-suge-knight-640x398.jpg

Was figuring Peanut Butter Wolf was a snake, too.

Crumple

All Star
Daps

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
I don't know about that. Peanut Butter Wolf has been in the game for a long time. He comes off as someone who has integrity. This is the first time I've ever heard someone call him out publically in over 20 years.

I haven't heard of Med. Does he have solo albums out?

Hope it can be worked out.
=/= not being a snake
PB Wolf could have stepped in to get DOOM's books back, he and Egon did business and know each other.
He don't have to, I'm sure he's aware of the situation and has pull.
Even if MED ain't relevant swindling him out of money on an indie project, if he ain't lying, ain't good.

If your boy doing something out of pocket, have some integrity. Intervene: Madvillainy a Stones Throw project. DOOM dead.
PB Wolf the owner of the label that released the project. Get his rhyme book back to his peoples even if ya man and the deceased's collaborator actin' funny.
At least clear the air, he hasn't done that. That's making him look funny. It's not his business, at least have integrity to voice your position.

Hope it can be worked out too, Madvillainy one of the top five maybe top three albums on the label, but nobody checkin' for Madlib, DOOM, another Madvillainy project or Stones Throw in the 2020s. Give the book back, it only got sentimental value now DOOM gone.
Album came out almost 20 years ago, it's over.