Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't know about that. Peanut Butter Wolf has been in the game for a long time. He comes off as someone who has integrity. This is the first time I've ever heard someone call him out publically in over 20 years.

I haven't heard of Med. Does he have solo albums out?

Hope it can be worked out.

MED aka Medaphoar has a had bunch of verses and collabs out over the years with Madlib and a bunch of Stones Throw artists. Check out that Bad Neighbor album with Blu and Madlib

Crumple

All Star
Daps
=/= not being a snake
PB Wolf could have stepped in to get DOOM's books back, he and Egon did business and know each other.
He don't have to, I'm sure he's aware of the situation and has pull.
Even if MED ain't relevant swindling him out of money on an indie project, if he ain't lying, ain't good.

If your boy doing something out of pocket, have some integrity. Intervene: Madvillainy a Stones Throw project. DOOM dead.
PB Wolf the owner of the label that released the project. Get his rhyme book back to his peoples even if ya man and the deceased's collaborator actin' funny.
At least clear the air, he hasn't done that. That's making him look funny. It's not his business, at least have integrity to voice your position.

Hope it can be worked out too, Madvillainy one of the top five maybe top three albums on the label, but nobody checkin' for Madlib, DOOM, another Madvillainy project or Stones Throw in the 2020s. Give the book back, it only got sentimental value now DOOM gone.
Album came out almost 20 years ago, it's over.

I hear that. He could try to get that book back. But I heard that Egon guy said he doesn't have the book.

At this point it's like a no win.

If he really doesn't have it - ppl are accusing him over nothing.

If he does have it - he's foul.

If he ends up releasing it later - he looks terrible.

My thing is that if he has it give it to Doom's most trusted loved one.

It's a messed up situation.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
MED aka Medaphoar has a had bunch of verses and collabs out over the years with Madlib and a bunch of Stones Throw artists. Check out that Bad Neighbor album with Blu and Madlib

Dope, I'll check it out. I always liked that building art. Never got around to checking it.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Stones Throw as a label, isn't a problem.

They're indie, but no different than any other record company. Anyone signing with a label or doing business with a label, is supposed to make sure their agreements with that label align with what they want their pockets to look like after the fact. I've seen a million underground dudes not care about focusing on the business part, and then expect the labels to hold their hand and do the work for them, so they can get paid. It doesn't work that way. They have a million people to pay, both working for the label, and doing business with it. They are not going to make sure you do your job in securing your own bag. It's sad that dudes are still not staying on top of their business, in this game.

I've known Wolf forever. He's always been a solid dude. But way too many artists want labels to guide them and oversee every detail of their business. That's just reckless, and these are usually the same dudes who end up not liking what they're making on these albums. Do the work.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
I hear that. He could try to get that book back. But I heard that Egon guy said he doesn't have the book.

At this point it's like a no win.

If he really doesn't have it - ppl are accusing him over nothing.

If he does have it - he's foul.

If he ends up releasing it later - he looks terrible.

My thing is that if he has it give it to Doom's most trusted loved one.

It's a messed up situation.
It's a bad situation all around. Losing your son and husband, the book is a piece of something worth having.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I mean. Ug labels dont clear shyt. Get caught and have to give up big portions of work. Noones gettin a even stevens split on anything. But i figure hed least get something after the fact for an album so big.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Why did Madlib doing a beat for Ye rub you the wrong way?
Felt like a forced move for mainstream credibility.
It worked for Dilla at the time, Madlib ain't in that lane.
He can do mainstream beats. This late in his career, why?
It was a dope song though, don't get me wrong... just felt forced.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Felt like a forced move for mainstream credibility.
It worked for Dilla at the time, Madlib ain't in that lane.
He can do mainstream beats. This late in his career, why?
It was a dope song though, don't get me wrong... just felt forced.

???

Madlib had mainstream songs before No More Parties, though.

And I dont get the forced allegation, given that the song had been in the works for about 7 years before it was released.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
???

Madlib had mainstream songs before No More Parties, though.

And I dont get the forced allegation, given that the song had been in the works for about 7 years before it was released.
:yeshrug:
Don't act like Madlib was secretly on a major, that was my point.