Meet Andrew Yang Brehs. 2020 Democratic Candidate Who Plans To Dethrone Trump. (Voting Fo Him?)

Will Yall Vote For Him?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't think he'll make it out the primary because the Dems will fukk him over. Kamala Harris and Biden would NOT beat Trump. Booker would be a non threatening candidate.

Anyway, here's the guy building his campaign to take on Trump. Hope he gets that Bernie endorsement :banderas:

Dude is an tech entrepreneur, millionaire, businessman, and relates to the common man.

Reduce Mass Incarceration
Brief
America imprisons a higher percentage of its citizens than almost any other country in the world, and minorities are disproportionately represented in this group. Incarceration doesn’t just set someone back for the time they’re imprisoned; with our current felony laws, they follow someone throughout their life.

Mandatory minimum laws, the war on drugs, and other misguided policy decisions over the years passed by politicians with an eye towards being “tough on crime” have resulted in a glut of Americans behind bars. Instead of focusing on what sounds or feels good, we should focus on results. While individuals should be punished for committing crimes, the end goal should be to prevent people from committing crimes, and to lower recidivism rates for those who are convicted.

Outside of my social policies such as Universal Basic Income, which will eliminate poverty and thus reduce one common driver of crime, there are many things we can do to ensure the safety of Americans by preventing people from becoming criminals.

• Review the current mandatory minimum laws to bring them in line with what data shows us is effective
  • Shift federal drug policy away from punishment and towards treatment
  • End the use of for-profit, private prisons
  • Fund programs targeted at reducing recidivism and increasing reintegration
  • Push for a reconsideration of the harshness of our felony laws, including an investigation into any civil rights issues raised by the disproportionate amount of minorities convicted of these crimes
Reduce Mass Incarceration - Andrew Yang for President

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Maybe it was in HL but I swear there was a thread on him already.

But anyway, I like his platform. But Biden would win against Trump. Trump wants none of that smoke. :ufdup:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Maybe it was in HL but I swear there was a thread on him already.

But anyway, I like his platform. But Biden would win against Trump. Trump wants none of that smoke. :ufdup:
Biden has too many clips out of him looking creepy. Dude stands no chance. Also, Biden said he wasn't running. I'm holding off on who I'm supporting. Because Akon said he was running too and I'm interested what his platform will be. That Dem ticket with Yang and Akon would be dope as hell :banderas:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I see Trump winning again in 2020. Dems will nominate a shyt candidate and go from there. However, I think this guy could knock Trump off his throne with his economic message. Just hit Trump on healthcare and jobs.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Duval Patrick can beat Trump. He's a more progressive Obama who's also blacker.

He's black, he's competent, he has actual experience in running a government. I would give him a chance. "More Progressive"? I'll have to see what his record was like. Duval being "blacker" can only be proven by the bills he gets passed or at least gets voted on in Congress.

Biden has too many clips out of him looking creepy. Dude stands no chance. Also, Biden said he wasn't running. I'm holding off on who I'm supporting. Because Akon said he was running too and I'm interested what his platform will be. That Dem ticket with Yang and Akon would be dope as hell :banderas:

I'm over celebrities. Akon hasn't done anything to prove that he can run a country. So I'm not holding any hope for him. But like I said, Yang has a good platform so I'm definitely not against voting for him.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
He's really pushing 1k a month UBI to every American as the centerpiece of his campaign.

While I can agree to that under certain circumstances..I am not sure that America will be hit enough by automation for that to be a truly winning issue for him.

Iirc, he would give people on welfare an option between the 1k and the welfare as well rather than adding onto the welfare so that may not be as appealing at it would appear on the surface to some.

Overall I like his platform though. We shall see how it goes. I don't think tbtb will give him a chance but maybe if he is charismatic enough he could galvanize enough grassroots support to force their hand