Meg Stallion to sue 1501 ent. Edit#9: Meg wins, New music is released. Them numbers not looking good

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Carl hasn’t really denied anything meg said about her deal except saying she partially owns her masters (waiting for receipts on this), she got $50k upfront not $10k (waiting for receipts on this), and that the split is 70/30 on everything outside of her music (which Meg said she has been getting $0 of her 30%). Carl’s argument seems like it boils down to ‘yeah we are robbing you :yeshrug: our robbery is better than the robbery you would get elsewhere :yeshrug: your dead mother brokered the deal :yeshrug: take it up with her :yeshrug:

If Meg is suing for a better deal than what she has we’ll see if she gets it, I don’t really think it’s fair to say ‘she should stay in her place’ because ‘other artists get less’ :patrice:If she thinks she deserves more, she’s making the case for more and she only has to convince the judge.

The argument over her age seems petty :francis: Everyone has an ‘industry age,’ especially women. This is a lot of he said/she said back and forth without proof on either side.
He said he got the receipts we’ll see in court.

He’s also basically saying she got a good deal compared to the rest of the industry.

He blew her up and said he invested millions.

Meg is in a position to be rich regardless of these %’s.

I can’t take her seriously when right off the bat she lies about her age. She said she was only 20 years old when she was 23. It’s not about industry age. Her industry age is 25 she signed 2 years ago, she was 23. She lied to seem naive and get sympathy from the fans. She literally lied to everyone. Most people don’t know how old she is or care.

She said she didn’t know what’s in her deal. It can’t be true. She had her mother who had been in the industry by her side, T. Farris, and a lawyer as well.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
He said he got the receipts we’ll see in court.

He’s also basically saying she got a good deal compared to the rest of the industry.

He blew her up and said he invested millions. Meg is in a position to be rich.

I can’t take her seriously when right off the bat she lies about her age. She said she was only 20 years old when she was 23. It’s not about industry age. Her industry age is 25 she signed 2 years, she was 23. She lied to seem naive and get sympathy from the fans. Most people don’t know how old she is.

She said she didn’t know what’s in her deal. It can’t be true. She had her mother who had been in the industry by her side, T. Farris, and a lawyer as well.

I'm glad some of yall are seeing this

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Explain to me how a 20 year old is a baby and not able to make big decisions? This era of coddling and defense of poor decisions is ridiculous. I hear the same thing from college grads saying, "I didn't know this would happen, I was only a kid" when those loans come due....

A bunch of wimps and idiots in this generation....

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
She wasn’t buzzing locally before 2019? Coach K and them weren’t trying to sign Meg in 2016/17?
Who gives a fukk about buzzing? A viral regional sensation at best. She signed to 1501 and they put millions of dollars into her.

Why didn’t she sign to QC then?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Why is TMZ using that picture of Carl for the article? shyt like that alters public perception to people who don’t know who he is.

To further denigrate the image of the Black man.

Low key the narrative is big bad Black man is stopping the food of a Black feminist rapper (one who got partial ownership of her masters something Jigga couldn't get for over a decade)

Pay no attention to the Black male puppetmaster that will railroad her in the near future.