Mega Man 2 gave me anxiety

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The Dragon gave me mad anxiety in this game...
What was your favorite out of the MM games?

Mega Man 2, released in 1988 by Capcom, is widely considered a landmark title in the video game industry. It was a critical and commercial success, and its impact can be seen in several ways:

Innovation in gameplay: Mega Man 2 introduced a unique gameplay mechanic of allowing the player to choose which stage they wanted to play first. This was a departure from the linear structure of many previous platformers and gave players more control over their experience. It also introduced the concept of defeating bosses to gain their powers, which became a staple of the Mega Man series.

Music and sound design: The game's soundtrack, composed by Takashi Tateishi, is still widely regarded as one of the best in video game history. It helped set a new standard for video game music and sound design, and the game's themes and melodies remain iconic today.

Popularity and influence: Mega Man 2 was a massive success, selling over 1.5 million copies worldwide. Its popularity helped to cement the Mega Man franchise as a major player in the video game industry and inspired many sequels and spin-offs. It also influenced other games and game designers, with its unique gameplay mechanics and memorable music becoming a template for future platformers.

Overall, Mega Man 2's impact on the video game industry was significant. It helped to establish Capcom as a major player in the industry and set new standards for gameplay, music, and sound design. Its influence can still be felt today, and it remains a beloved classic among gamers around the world.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
After figuring out how to beat the Flash man stage, MM2 was a breeze for me (challenging, but not frustratingly so). Super good fun time tho. I would beat the game like 1nce a week or so as a kid.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Mega Man 1's Ice Man's stage I still think is one of the hardest video game stages I've ever played.

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Retro mega man is before my time, but I really enjoyed those Giant Bomb videos the weird difficulty spikes later in the series:huhldup: