Meghan Markle is a princess, but Shannon Sharpe is a c00n.

dongameister

Rookie
Daps
This was one of many responses I saw online from the faux woke crowd on twitter and facebook. Let me state right off the bat that I have no issue with Meghan Markle. In fact, this has absolutely nothing to do with her personally. I think it's no ones business who black men or black women marry. If your spouse of S.O is white, I'm happy for you. Do your thing.

My issue is with those praising her engagement. They have shown that they are blatantly biased. Black men are held to ridiculous standards in relation to IR dating/marriage.

From VSB to other black liberal publications like Madamenoire, and Clutch, they're always writing blogs, articles, doing vlogs, shaming black men for dating outside their race. The commentariat in these spaces are littered with people excoriating black men who date out, but not black women who do the same. When they discuss colorism, they use that to bludgeon black men over the heads with it. There is always something wrong with black men, whether we date out or not. In fact, that should be the tagline of all of these black online publications because that's the only narrative you will see from these publications on black men.

Every month, it seems there's always some article singling out black men who date or marry out. There are no critical pieces on black women who date out coming from VSB, The Root, Huffpo, MN, Clutch, etc.

I can't be the only one who sees the glaring double standard.

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
IndelibleIckyAlaskanmalamute-max-1mb.gif

dongameister

Rookie
Daps
Why do you care about what these hoes say about black men?

You need to listen to Too Short and Snoop instead of these Colored Dreds emo faggits

Their opinions carry more weight in mainstream media than you think. That affects us whether you want to admit it or not. When they need a black perspective on issues, they go to the Damon Youngs of the world.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Their opinions carry more weight in mainstream media than you think. That affects us whether you want to admit it or not. When they need a black perspective on issues, they go to the Damon Youngs of the world.
Are their opinions stopping me from making money or getting p*ssy or buying whatever? ....:francis::camby:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
This was one of many responses I saw online from the faux woke crowd on twitter and facebook. Let me state right off the bat that I have no issue with Meghan Markle. In fact, this has absolutely nothing to do with her personally. I think it's no ones business who black men or black women marry. If your spouse of S.O is white, I'm happy for you. Do your thing.

My issue is with those praising her engagement. They have shown that they are blatantly biased. Black men are held to ridiculous standards in relation to IR dating/marriage.

From VSB to other black liberal publications like Madamenoire, and Clutch, they're always writing blogs, articles, doing vlogs, shaming black men for dating outside their race. The commentariat in these spaces are littered with people excoriating black men who date out, but not black women who do the same. When they discuss colorism, they use that to bludgeon black men over the heads with it. There is always something wrong with black men, whether we date out or not. In fact, that should be the tagline of all of these black online publications because that's the only narrative you will see from these publications on black men.

Every month, it seems there's always some article singling out black men who date or marry out. There are no critical pieces on black women who date out coming from VSB, The Root, Huffpo, MN, Clutch, etc.

I can't be the only one who sees the glaring double standard.

nikka....she's half white...how is that c00ning.:mindblown: