• Melo

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Pierce

Votes: 52 91.2%

• Total voters

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Don't sleep on his sentiment brotha. Just look at the 4's in the West alone who were in they prime; KG, Sheed, Webb, Dirk and of course Timmy. :whew:

This is b4 we even get to Shaq / Kobe,
T-Mac, Vince and A.I.

You could really call it either way don't b so immediately dismissive.
You can name players in any era. So what? 00' ball was ehhhh.

I loved Paul going toe to toe with prime Vince, T-Mac and AI but the teams in that era weren't that great bro.

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
Not true; Pierce was a actual scorer; while Melo is a streaky hot cold volume shooter

The man is one of the greatest scorers of all time.

It's only been since around 2014 when this melo "streaky, volume, chuck" rhetoric has come a thing . Such a small part of his career is all these new NBA heads fixate on. It's completely unfair & wrong. Prime Melo wins a ring 10/10 times if Kobe didn't exist

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Lmao is this thread serious? Pierce was better than Melo for most of his career. Don't let the numbers fool you, Pierce was almost always better than Melo.

ePiffany

All Star
Daps

I loved Paul going toe to toe with prime Vince, T-Mac and AI but the teams in that era weren't that great bro.

I agree the league had a lack of balance with the better teams being in the West but even so theSpurs, Kings and Blazers who were all 2nd to LA were still better than any team behind Cleveland or GS in either conference. From this alone u could argue early 2000s over anything after or vice versa

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Playoffs matter. Pierce has a Finals MVP. KD has a finals choke job

Paul Pierce was never a top 5 player in the league at any point of his career. :dahell:

You don't have to like KD especially after the decision but PP has never been and never will be better than he is, KD was better than Pierce since he was 20. They aren't even comparable.:camby:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
SHIITS WEIRD HOW BAD MELO FELL OFF SINCE MOVIN TO NY, HE WAS COMPARABLE TO WADE N BRON WHEN HE WAS ON THE NUGGETS.........PIERCE WINS THIS 1, I DUNO IF BOSTON WINS IN 08 WIT MELO INSTEAD OF PIERCE.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
1. Paul Pierce was better than Melo in every year until like maybe 2012. Please don't bing up stats, Pierce was sharing the ball during the big 3 era.

2. The Celtics would not have won a ring with Melo instead of Pierce. People forget that Pierce did a lot of the ball handling/set up the offense in crucial moments during that championship run... The Pierce and KG pick n roll was money all through the big 3 era. We would put Pierce in all type of sets that Melo simply couldn't execute properly. Melo can handle the ball but he can set up an offense.

This is what I'm talking about. Look at that play right there.. drew up to perfection. Melo couldn't make that pin point pass to Allen In the corner.
We gave the ball to Pierce with the game on the line to execute a play, you give it to Melo to shoot.

Look at all these plays where we put the ball in Pierce's hands and ask him to execute a play. Swap Pierce and Melo on the 08 Celtics and you would be trading a great all around player for a scorer. Smh.

3. Pierce isn't a top 5 sf all time but he's damn sure top10.,, and a top 50 all time talent.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Melo is more dynamic than Pierce. Pierce isn't seeing peak Melo... :comeon:

Pierce had the luxury of playing on those great Boston teams with KG, Allen, and Rondo before that his reputation wasn't bulletproof like it seems to be now.

Before that, those Celtics teams he was in were just :scust:

The best player he ever played with before 2008 was Walker. He deserved that 2008 team from what he been through before that

Vancouver Grizzly Fan

AKA Vancouver Baller
Daps
Reppin
Vancover, BC
1. Paul Pierce was better than Melo in every year until like maybe 2012. Please don't bing up stats, Pierce was sharing the ball during the big 3 era.

2. The Celtics would not have won a ring with Melo instead of Pierce. People forget that Pierce did a lot of the ball handling/set up the offense in crucial moments during that championship run... The Pierce and KG pick n roll was money all through the big 3 era. We would put Pierce in all type of sets that Melo simply couldn't execute properly. Melo can handle the ball but he can set up an offense.

This is what I'm talking about. Look at that play right there.. drew up to perfection. Melo couldn't make that pin point pass to Allen In the corner.
We gave the ball to Pierce with the game on the line to execute a play, you give it to Melo to shoot.

Look at all these plays where we put the ball in Pierce's hands and ask him to execute a play. Swap Pierce and Melo on the 08 Celtics and you would be trading a great all around player for a scorer. Smh.

3. Pierce isn't a top 5 sf all time but he's damn sure top10.,, and a top 50 all time talent.

Here's a guy who knows what he's talking about.

When it's all said and done, "FatLAzy" won't even surpass Pierce who's a future Hall Of Famer.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You're right, my bad. He did play SF majority of his career, but my statement still stands. So PP may be a top 5 SF of all time.

LBJ, Pippen, Bird, Worthy and who else?

Easily the best after Lebron and Bird. And there's an argument that he's better than Bird