Memphis Bleek Tells Hilarious Jay-Z Story (Drink Champs Clip)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:Any details you can remember?

Ok. So I went to SU so I know some details but I'm sure Nore could tell the story much better. I'm not even sure he about what happened afterwards though.

Long story short, circa 2000 there was a student who seemed to quickly amass a reputation for giving good head. She was one of the first chicks that I could remember proudly rocking a tongue ring.

Nore came up to SU to perform, and she attended the show (not a surprise)

Somehow she was introduced to Nore after the show (not a surprise)

*fukk it I'm going to start rhyming the story with the Nore flow to make it a little more entertaining*

*Throws on Bloody Money instrumental*

She back at the telly chilling with General who, create his own crew like yacub to stick you
(YOU & YOU, HER TOO)
Blunts and brew, room looking like zoo, she came through for superthugs, she superglue
(SHE FEELING THE WHOLE CLIQUE YO)
Got on her knees, and mic check one two, enthusiastically blew the whole M.U.
(MURDER UNIT, FULL STEEZY)
Did more drops that day than DJ Clue, they left her gums sticky like Big League Chew
(WE ON THAT HEAD SHYT)
She learned later, they stole her two way pager, they ain't rape her, but straight foul how they played her
(YOU TOOK HER PAGER SLIME?)
A thug lover, turned straight snitch hater, she told the story, to the school newspaper
(DAILY ORANGE)
She said the cream from the head is, her favorite flavor, but as for the pager, wanted Nore to pay her
(DAM SHORTY I AIN'T GOT IT)
I used to laugh, but nowadays I say a prayer, cause shorty died of cancer a couple years later
(WHAT WHAT)

Last edited:

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
Bleek had catching lightning in a bottle type luck. I'm reading Jay's book right now and he said he was going to originally get Shyheim to do the "Coming of Age" verse but he couldn't so he got Bleek to memorize the verse and do it. The rest is history :wow:

:ohhh:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Deep down you hope the Jay cheating on Beyoncé rumors are true....To know the piece of shyt we fell in love with in the 90's might still alive inside fighting to get out:wow:? Probaly told Beyoncé "We aint fukking tonight?okay:sas1:"

:dead:

but real shyt tho

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly

I'll type the quote out for you.

"When I wrote a song for my first album inspired by the tension between older guys and new recruits in the streets, I called Kane and told him, "Man, I wrote this song and I really want Shyheim on it." We tracked down Shyheim's people and in the end they said he couldn't do it for whatever reason-and at this point, I hadn't even made an album yet, so they weren't feeling pressed to let him do the song. But even though Shyheim is the one I was thinking about for the record, it didn't really matter that he said no. It was still a record I felt like I needed to make, I just needed someone who could represent what I thought I saw in Shyheim.

The next day I saw this kid I knew walking across Marcy. He looked like a little star already-the swagger in his bop, the clean gear. I knew his older brother, Andre, a little better, but Andre was still a kid to me, too. I had this verse that needed a younger voice on it, but a young voice that was rough and full of ambition, and I just got the feeling from this kid. His name was Malik, but soon he'd rename himself Memphis Bleek. I didn't just give him the verse, which I already composed. After all, I had no idea if he could pull it off. First there was a test. I collared him and said, "Look, I'm making an album and you can be on it, but you have to learn this song in twenty-four hours. You don't learn it, then you're not on it." He took the paper I handed him and looked it over. I'd written the verse down for him in some chicken scratch, and when he held it up, I could tell he was thinking, shyt, I can't hardly read this. But he took it and went home."

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'll type the quote out for you.

"When I wrote a song for my first album inspired by the tension between older guys and new recruits in the streets, I called Kane and told him, "Man, I wrote this song and I really want Shyheim on it." We tracked down Shyheim's people and in the end they said he couldn't do it for whatever reason-and at this point, I hadn't even made an album yet, so they weren't feeling pressed to let him do the song. But even though Shyheim is the one I was thinking about for the record, it didn't really matter that he said no. It was still a record I felt like I needed to make, I just needed someone who could represent what I thought I saw in Shyheim.

The next day I saw this kid I knew walking across Marcy. He looked like a little star already-the swagger in his bop, the clean gear. I knew his older brother, Andre, a little better, but Andre was still a kid to me, too. I had this verse that needed a younger voice on it, but a young voice that was rough and full of ambition, and I just got the feeling from this kid. His name was Malik, but soon he'd rename himself Memphis Bleek. I didn't just give him the verse, which I already composed. After all, I had no idea if he could pull it off. First there was a test. I collared him and said, "Look, I'm making an album and you can be on it, but you have to learn this song in twenty-four hours. You don't learn it, then you're not on it." He took the paper I handed him and looked it over. I'd written the verse down for him in some chicken scratch, and when he held it up, I could tell he was thinking, shyt, I can't hardly read this. But he took it and went home."
Goddamn Bleek was fukking lucky.

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Goddamn Bleek was fukking lucky.

Yeah, Jay literally saved his life. I was :dead: at this part though

"That same day we went over to the producer Clark Kent's house, where Clark had a basement studio. When we got there, I ordered food for everyone. I asked Bleek what he wanted and he sort of casually ordered six double cheeseburgers. I looked at this kid, and back then Bleek was a thin dude, and I was like, Word? I'm thinking he's trying to take advantage of me. But I went ahead and ordered them, and when they came, I sat the bag in front of Bleek and told him to get busy because I was going to make sure he ate all six of them. As he unwrapped the first burger I was thinking that the stomachache he was about to have would be lesson number one for this little nikka: Don't take advantage of people's kindness. But Bleek wasn't paying me any mind. He hunched over those wrappers and ate every single one of those burgers and was like, Bet, let's go to the booth."

:russ: :mjlol:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Yeah, Jay literally saved his life. I was :dead: at this part though

"That same day we went over to the producer Clark Kent's house, where Clark had a basement studio. When we got there, I ordered food for everyone. I asked Bleek what he wanted and he sort of casually ordered six double cheeseburgers. I looked at this kid, and back then Bleek was a thin dude, and I was like, Word? I'm thinking he's trying to take advantage of me. But I went ahead and ordered them, and when they came, I sat the bag in front of Bleek and told him to get busy because I was going to make sure he ate all six of them. As he unwrapped the first burger I was thinking that the stomachache he was about to have would be lesson number one for this little nikka: Don't take advantage of people's kindness. But Bleek wasn't paying me any mind. He hunched over those wrappers and ate every single one of those burgers and was like, Bet, let's go to the booth."

:russ: :mjlol:
How are you just going to be walking down the street and get scooped up by one of the future greatest/biggest/wealthiest rappers of all time :dead:
Like a bag of a million dollars just fell on his head:dead:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bleek had catching lightning in a bottle type luck. I'm reading Jay's book right now and he said he was going to originally get Shyheim to do the "Coming of Age" verse but he couldn't so he got Bleek to memorize the verse and do it. The rest is history :wow:

Shyheim had an ill voice and delivery. Ask Foxy Brown.....

Bleek was a good replacement though, his voice works well for dialogue and storytelling.

lucky lefty

Most Annoying Jay Z (aka GOAT) Stan of All Time
Daps
Reppin
West Philly aka Illadelf aka Tha 215
The GOAT doing GOAT shyt
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

Although, when u think about it this story shows he's been gassing up Bleek his whole career *badumtiss*
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif