Meta Thread: What do you wish was different about HL?

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Just figured I make this thread as I will say, outside of the few deservedly banned of alt-right trolls, I personally would love to see more diverse content and more people post in this section. I think someone posted a few months back about too much US political content and not enough of other content which I would actually agree with. I mean its understandable with our current idiot of a president but I would love to see more people contribute content of different variety. I notice @DEAD7 makes occasional spurts of effort to do this with posting five different articles about scientific advances and the like. Wish he wasn't the only one to do so.

So just out of curiosity, what would you do to encourage more people to be active in this portion of the site?

Please don't let this devolve to a flame war or use it to express personal grudges :francis:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Just figured I make this thread as I will say, outside of the few deservedly banned of alt-right trolls, I personally would love to see more diverse content and more people post in this section. I think someone posted a few months back about too much US political content and not enough of other content which I would actually agree with. I mean its understandable with our current idiot of a president but I would love to see more people contribute content of different variety. I notice @DEAD7 makes occasional spurts of effort to do this with posting five different articles about scientific advances and the like. Wish he wasn't the only one to do so.

So just out of curiosity, what would you do to encourage more people to be active in this portion of the site?

Please don't let this devolve to a flame war or use it to express personal grudges :francis:
Check out a few threads and you will see people GOING CRAZY
if you dont vote party line and if you arent in line with extreme white liberal ideology.

Its pretty wild:skip:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I got accused of being an alt-right troll and reported last night because I stated that it was Hillary's job to get idiots to vote for her.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they take action against me.

Frankly, this sub has allowed a crazy person, who is widely recognized as a crazy person throughout the coli, to set the tone.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I said this before, but plenty of non political threads come up every week.

They just don't do numbers.

I've put thought into it and I've accepted they likely don't because

• They require reading
  • Some of the content is better suited for the root/arcadium
  • People read it and find it interesting but since there's nothing to disagree over they fall off the first page
  • Political spam takes up the first page and people don't scroll past that.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you want more meta analysis, in this sub, it appears GOAT and WOAT posters are decided almost entirely on their politics thus further rewarding the behavior I see people say they don't like.

That's why I'll probably nominate @morris for POTY. He makes plenty of thread about a very interesting diverse set of topics.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Presentation of the topics. Every topic on the first page has at least 5x the views as it has responses.

Instead of posting entire articles, why not just summarize it in your own words and leave a link for interested parties to research? Your summary will cause positive or negative responses but you will have discourse.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Presentation of the topics. Every topic on the first page has at least 5x the views as it has responses.

Instead of posting entire articles, why not just summarize it in your own words and leave a link for interested parties to research? Your summary will cause positive or negative responses but you will have discourse.
This certainly would help in general. Especially with long articles and YouTube videos.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
I got accused of being an alt-right troll and reported last night because I stated that it was Hillary's job to get idiots to vote for her.

Frankly, this sub has allowed a crazy person, who is widely recognized as a crazy person throughout the coli, to set the tone.

Who is that crazy person?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i read/bookmark a lot of threads on here that i just don't reply to. i get why it's probably discouraging to those posting them though. i do see a lot of things come up on here before it comes up in the mainstream media though.

they probably don't do numbers because they aren't as simple as the typical party/politician stan wars that go on here. i'm guilty of getting involved in those too, they're easier. :yeshrug:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Wth nah youre good breh, ill make sure you nothing happens.