Meta Thread: What do you wish was different about HL?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got accused of being an alt-right troll and reported last night because I stated that it was Hillary's job to get idiots to vote for her.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they take action against me.

Frankly, this sub has allowed a crazy person, who is widely recognized as a crazy person throughout the coli, to set the tone.

Harsh. That thread has an owner and a curator who has been allowed by the mods to breathe (though he may argue otherwise) due to the nature of the content. Beyond that, in HL people are allowed to have differing opinions. There are even some Trumpset threads.

The fact of the matter is politics will ALWAYS become a pie fight because it’s ideological. There are other threads in HL on other subjects where people post and have a healthy difference of opinion. The Trump-Russia thread is not such a place. You shouldn’t be starting up a Hilary sucks topic in there. That’s not the place. Create a thread and critics and cheerleaders will come or they may not, but you can try to start a thread and run with it.
The argument that Hilary should have won anyway has no scope in a thread where evidence shows there may have been a treasonous attempt to subvert democracy in America.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
I don't give a fukk if I say Trump is innocent in every thread and challenge ever opinion against him . It does not make me racist . If I say DACA should be bushed it does not make me racist . If I say a democrat is a liar it does not make me racist .

I should not be bushed/warned for not following the democrat narrative . This is why we get to NEG. This is why there was a mass exodus from SOHH. People couldn't have opinions .

I am not white .
I have never voted republican in my life .
I have voted democrat every election. State and local .

I did not want to vote for Hillary . I did not want to vote for her friends . This is how it works . If I don't like your policies I'm not going to vote for the people who agree with you . This is simple . This is how politics SHOULD work .

I supported Bernie . I donated to Bernie . Put the sign in the grass . Voted Obama twice . Have voted for every Democrat possible . From governor to school board .

Stop with the false narrative you clowns is spinning .

If I challenge anything Obama/Hillary say I get 37 negs. I'm 100% sure there is a group chat of them nikkas telling each other who to neg . I don't even trip . I usually dap them up in response .

But getting warned for racism is some hoe shyt . I wouldn't give a fukk , but I feel like this might be ground work for a future bushing/banning because I don't support these RACISTS democrat s.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I don't give a fukk if I say Trump is innocent in every thread and challenge ever opinion against him . It does not make me racist . If I say DACA should be bushed it does not make me racist . If I say a democrat is a liar it does not make me racist .

I should not be bushed/warned for not following the democrat narrative . This is why we get to NEG. This is why there was a mass exodus from SOHH. People couldn't have opinions .

I am not white .

I did not want to vote for Hillary . I did not want to vote for her friends . This is how it works . If I don't like your policies I'm not going to vote for the people who agree with you . This is simple . This is how politics SHOULD work .

I supported Bernie . I donated to Bernie . Put the sign in the grass . Voted Obama twice . Have voted for every Democrat possible . From governor to school board .

If I challenge anything Obama/Hillary say I get 37 negs. I'm 100% sure there is a group chat of them nikkas telling each other who to neg . I don't even trip . I usually dap them up in response .

But getting warned for racism is some hoe shyt . I wouldn't give a fukk , but I feel like this might be ground work for a future bushing/banning because I don't support these RACISTS democrat s.
Lol

But they are sensitive

So it doesn't matter

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dishonest conversations and talking points from the same people over and over.

alt-right trolls

Not enough people posting threads

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Presentation of the topics. Every topic on the first page has at least 5x the views as it has responses.

Instead of posting entire articles, why not just summarize it in your own words and leave a link for interested parties to research? Your summary will cause positive or negative responses but you will have discourse.
The first two sentences is because this forum is essentially a cliquish and HS popularity contest. A very emo bunch. The presentation should be in the information itself. A summary can be included but isn't necessary to trigger a debate. Information should present itself. I prefer things presented open ended allowing people to disseminate respond based on their experiences instead of controlled dialogue which omits the groupthink that is prevalent. Adults should be beyond handholding stage. Then again I am not the most popular person, so what do I know.

Just figured I make this thread as I will say, outside of the few deservedly banned of alt-right trolls, I personally would love to see more diverse content and more people post in this section. I think someone posted a few months back about too much US political content and not enough of other content which I would actually agree with. I mean its understandable with our current idiot of a president but I would love to see more people contribute content of different variety. I notice @DEAD7 makes occasional spurts of effort to do this with posting five different articles about scientific advances and the like. Wish he wasn't the only one to do so.

So just out of curiosity, what would you do to encourage more people to be active in this portion of the site?

Please don't let this devolve to a flame war or use it to express personal grudges :francis:

Diverse content is shared but unless a topic involves politics and race, then no traction is gained. Also, you have many posters who only reply, they are not thread starters who provoke thought (@DEAD7 and few others exceptions). You can't change readership and posters, unfortunately.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The first two sentences is because this forum is essentially a cliquish and HS popularity contest. A very emo bunch. The presentation should be in the information itself. A summary can be included but isn't necessary to trigger a debate. Information should present itself. I prefer things presented open ended allowing people to disseminate respond based on their experiences instead of controlled dialogue which omits the groupthink that is prevalent. Adults should be beyond handholding stage. Then again I am not the most popular person, so what do I know.

Diverse content is shared but unless a topic involves politics and race, then no traction is gained. Also, you have many posters who only reply, they are not thread starters who provoke thought (@DEAD7 and few others exceptions). You can't change readership and posters, unfortunately.

I disagree that it is controlled dialogue, it's opinion. I also will admit that opinions are not often honored around here but framing a conversation should not be considered a means to control that conversation's narrative.

Just for example, I could give 2 f*cks about Trey Gowdy. Though I don't have an issue with reading long articles, I won't do so on a topic I have zero interest in. Unless you've given me a reason to do so. Which is where I feel that framing can help jump start conversation.

I do agree with your statement about thread starters not engaging and provoking thought on the topics they start.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Just for example, I could give 2 f*cks about Trey Gowdy. Though I don't have an issue with reading long articles, I won't do so on a topic I have zero interest in. Unless you've given me a reason to do so. Which is where I feel that framing can help jump start conversation.
I've started threads on poverty in Black America though I am not impoverished or even near middle class. I also have no interest in committing suicide or interest in euthanasia although I created a thread about an automated suicide machine. I try to share information that isn't well publicized and change perception.

I do agree with your statement about thread starters not engaging and provoking thought on the topics they start.
No most posters generally are not thread starters, that's a problem. If people shared ideas as much as they did their opinion to someone else, then there may be a different dynamic. This is the reason why there are threads started by handful of people, myself included. This attributes to the "dikkriding for daps" pandemic.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I disagree that it is controlled dialogue, it's opinion. I also will admit that opinions are not often honored around here but framing a conversation should not be considered a means to control that conversation's narrative.
c3Pqfym.png

Lewd personal attacks, reporting(with biased modding), and/or bushing is very much controlled dialogue.

Better modding and a push for intellectual rigour would do wonders for this sub forum.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am not white .

reported :jayfdup:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I've read that HL is "cliquish" and so maligned throughout other sections, or mainly TLR, but I have never seen it. I personally don't want "alt right" posters in any form they may take, but beyond that, I've never seen the kind of behavior, (gossip, "exposals", "teams") that you see in other sections.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got accused of being an alt-right troll and reported last night because I stated that it was Hillary's job to get idiots to vote for her.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they take action against me.
:laff:

is anyone gonna act like this type of shyt isnt a problem? i know that a lot of you think im a huge scumbag, so use this as an example instead. thats absolutely embarrassing

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i just wish people could understand the difference between what they say and how they say it.... it seems people confuse the two.... they think the objection to their posts is merely someone can't accept their differing opinion as opposed to one not being able to accept the way they present that opinion.....

imagine a customer goes to a restaurant and orders a cheeseburger but receives a fish sandwich instead... he could simply call the waitress over and say
a) miss, i did not get what i ordered, i am very dismayed at the mix up, and i would appreciate this problem being corrected quickly....
or
b) bytch, are you stupid or blind...? you don't know the difference between beef and fish...? i ought to throw this sandwich at your fat desperate down syndrome looking ass.... stupid c*nt, fix my shyt...!!!

both statements are expressing that the restaurant messed up the order... neither statement would be taken as an approval of the restaurant or their service.... however, one method might actually get the customer the desired resolution, the other might get him knocked upside the head....

anyway... i just typed all of that for nothing because i'm going to be called a democrat lemming for daring to say it, even though there is much i disagree with democrats on..... i would agree with many center right posts if it wasn't for the way the posters feel they "must" present those posts.. then again, people aren't as dumb as they act, they probably just prefer arguing so they pick the most argumentative way to present a post instead of the most constructive way.....

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
c3Pqfym.png

Lewd personal attacks, reporting(with biased modding), and/or bushing is very much controlled dialogue.

Better modding and a push for intellectual rigour would do wonders for this sub forum.
i hate that i can be so easily baited at times, but...... if better modding is so needed around here, why didn't you provide that when you were a mod....? i never had a problem with the moderation around here even when you were a mod, but you certainly didn't push for intellectual rigor....