Miami got the entire ACC suffering from King's Disease: Canes 2020 Season Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can't front, y'all boys looked great today. A certain firing gifted y'all Rooster. Just keep feeding him. Like that kid a lot. Put some weight on him but not to the detriment of his speed
funny-animals-shook-chicken.gif

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
cant be enough to save the job. no way, the D is still terrible. that would be very foolish

the kids are fighting to win some games, its nice to see but the sins far outweight the last 2 weeks

Van Dyke is dope, loved the HS tape hes got potential. Garcia might get blocked before he gets a shot

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Looking at the CFP rankings and re-evaluating the season. The Bama loss was a given, but the MSU loss was a real sore spot. Even the ugly win against App State.

Now it becomes clear we played the hardest OOC schedule in the country this year with a gimp QB.

The two ACC losses are still chalk full of poor coaching but with context this season feels a lot different.

Coming into this season I think this schedule looked very winnable but has in reality been a real gauntlet. I'm proud as a fan of how these kids haven't rolled over and have competed every week.

Our next coach will have a lot to work with. Hopefully. I got this sick feeling Manny may have enough (sadly, valid) excuses for another year.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Looking at the CFP rankings and re-evaluating the season. The Bama loss was a given, but the MSU loss was a real sore spot. Even the ugly win against App State.

Now it becomes clear we played the hardest OOC schedule in the country this year with a gimp QB.

The two ACC losses are still chalk full of poor coaching but with context this season feels a lot different.

Coming into this season I think this schedule looked very winnable but has in reality been a real gauntlet. I'm proud as a fan of how these kids haven't rolled over and have competed every week.

Our next coach will have a lot to work with. Hopefully. I got this sick feeling Manny may have enough (sadly, valid) excuses for another year.
Breh if Manny wins out he's gonna have another year. He needs to lose another game or two for a new head coach.

Something I noticed about Diaz defense is that if he doesn't have a good front four/d-line he's defense scheme will get exposed.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is there any path forward for this program?

If 5 years ago someone told you that Miami would be a worse program than Wake Forest, you'd have killed yourselves.
Maybe I'm being pessimistic. It's just that for the past few years, any time Miami has played a top school they have gotten thoroughly outclassed. There's a gap there. And I don't think eking out wins vs Georgia Tech is something to celebrate.

How do they get themselves into that legit Top 5-8 tier of programs? Is it even possible?

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State

If 5 years ago someone told you that Miami would be a worse program than Wake Forest, you'd have killed yourselves.
Maybe I'm being pessimistic. It's just that for the past few years, any time Miami has played a top school they have gotten thoroughly outclassed. There's a gap there. And I don't think eking out wins vs Georgia Tech is something to celebrate.

How do they get themselves into that legit Top 5-8 tier of programs? Is it even possible?

they need a coach who optimizes what he has. a career LB coach whose team cant tackle speaks volumes

i think the kids like Manny, hes an energetic guy with charisma. hes just not cut out to lead a high end D1 program

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they need a coach who optimizes what he has. a career LB coach whose team cant tackle speaks volumes

i think the kids like Manny, hes an energetic guy with charisma. hes just not cut out to lead a high end D1 program
What coach do you think could turn things around?
Not just in terms of energy and offensive philosophy. But also in terms of getting the best players in the country to come here.

Recruiting in college football seems like 90% of the game.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Not just in terms of energy and offensive philosophy. But also in terms of getting the best players in the country to come here.

my list would be guys over the 5M threshold they dont seem to want to hit

Texas has bottomless pockets and just made another bad hire with Sark, so money isnt the whole issue. does Blake James get to make another hire? he shouldnt, but he seems to play the game enough to keep his job

personally i like Luke Fickell, hes had a nice run in the AAC and has shown he can build a sustainable program

Karume

All Star
Daps

someone with the football legacy and personality of Prime

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
The QB position is the most important factor, and great QB play can make even mediocre coaches like Manny look good which is what's been happening. Next year we'll have the most talented QB room we've had in decades. So does Jake Garcia stay patient and stick around as a backup in 2022 and wait for Tyler to leave, or does he enter the portal? Ideally he sticks around until after TVD leaves, and mans the QB position until Jacurri Brown is ready

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Wake Forest has no expectations and pressure to win. That allowed Clawson to build the program as he saw it.

Karume

All Star
Daps
The QB position is the most important factor, and great QB play can make even mediocre coaches like Manny look good which is what's been happening. Next year we'll have the most talented QB room we've had in decades. So does Jake Garcia stay patient and stick around as a backup in 2022 and wait for Tyler to leave, or does he enter the portal? Ideally he sticks around until after TVD leaves, and mans the QB position until Jacurri Brown is ready
arent garcia and tvd both freshman?