Miami teen graffiti artist dies after being tasered by police

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
3ff676183f833b1aff0e6a7067006f63.jpg

MIAMI BEACH, Florida (Reuters) - Miami Beach, Florida, police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old graffiti artist who died after being shot with a Taser during a pre-dawn chase with officers who said they caught him spray-painting a building.

Israel Hernandez-Llach, known by his so-called tag name as "Reefa," won notice for his graffiti work as well as for sculpture and painting.

"He did it a lot," said Hernandez-Llach's friend Rafael Lynch, referring to his graffiti. "He wasn't a bad person at all; the cops didn't like him or what he looked like," he added, saying his friend was also an avid skateboarder.

The two hung out at a Miami Beach skateboard shop where Lynch works.
To me, right now, he's still here. I hung out with him so much I couldn't imagine him dead," Lynch said.

Miami Beach Police Chief Raymond Martinez said Hernandez-Llach fled after being seen "vandalizing private property" shortly before dawn on Tuesday in Miami Beach.

He was chased by police and ignored commands to stop running, at which point an officer used his Taser electroshock gun, Martinez said in a statement.

Once in custody, the Colombian-born artist "displayed signs of medical duress" and was pronounced dead soon after.

"At this time, the cause of death has not been determined by the medical examiner's office. Autopsy and toxicology results are still pending as well," Martinez said, while offering condolences to the artist's family.

http://news.yahoo.com/miami-teen-graffiti-artist-dies-being-shot-police-171309825.html

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Why wont they let him deface private property???????????????????? :damn:

Time to start buying sketchbooks.

Daps
Let me get this straight.

He was caught breaking the law.

The cops tried to approach him as a result; he ran. They told him to stop; he didn't.

They then decide to taser him to stop him - the SAME shyt some of these nikkas on here say they SHOULD do when dealing with a suspect, instead of being quick to shoot them. Something about him caused him to be weak and bytchmade enough to die from it.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for him or something? :yeshrug:

As long as the cops' version of events isn't proven to be bs, I'm siding with them on this one

63896_tylercraigmoralstory.jpg

Don't break the law, and don't run from the cops :manny:

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of The Ocean
they'll get put on administrative leave for a month and be back on the streets

let that been a person who tasered a kid doing the same thing to his house they'll get charge with murder

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Let me get this straight.

He was caught breaking the law.

The cops tried to approach him as a result; he ran. They told him to stop; he didn't.

They then decide to taser him to stop him - the SAME shyt some of these nikkas on here say they SHOULD do when dealing with a suspect, instead of being quick to shoot them. Something about him caused him to be weak and bytchmade enough to die from it.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for him or something? :yeshrug:

As long as the cops' version of events isn't proven to be bs, I'm siding with them on this one

63896_tylercraigmoralstory.jpg

Don't break the law, and don't run from the cops :manny:

I pretty much agree with this.

Obviously nobody should die from graffitti, but dude set the wheels in motion for this to be a possibility when he made the decision to run.