Michael Cole gone?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Cole is reportedly becoming more and more interested in moving to an off-camera role as he continues with behind-the-scenes duties. Cole handles some parts of WWE production and works to groom the up & coming WWE announcers, including Nigel McGuinness.

No word yet on when Cole might transition into a full-time backstage role but lately there's been more talk of it happening.

8nvBlJC.jpg

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
As bad as people think Cole is, whoever replaces him as Vince's mouthpiece will be just as bad if not worse. If you watch the UK tournament Cole was doing some of his best work because Vince was in another timezone and unable to feed him lines.

Superstar
Daps
Ranking current commentators by how much they annoy me from least to most:

Cole (his works improved a lot recently and he's toned down heavily on his annoying tendencies. Great work calling the UKCT)
Otunga (I feel like he's the only normal commentator who's just himself, the rest of them are weirdos/wacky af/playing a character)
Aries (dope commentator, could tone it down always trying to get himself over tho)
Mauro (dope commentator as well, but a little too animated at times)
JBL (improved a lot since Raw days)
Graves (actually my favorite voice out of everyone, but he's basically replacing the OD and unnecessarily annoying color JBL used to be which I hate)
Byron (this nerdy goofy role is really weird and just doesn't work. They need to let him be a regular PBP)

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Cole is very good when he's not overproduced

Much like wrestling itself.

Cole in many ways represents what the WWE product (sports entertainment) has become. He's the standard for WWE announcing for the foreseeable future, i.e. any new announcers coming along will all have a little bit (or a lot) of Cole in them. He understands how his bosses want the product presented on TV these days and he delivers that. He's a professional. I'm just not a fan of what he does.