Michael Cole gone?

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Ranking current commentators by how much they annoy me from least to most:

Cole (his works improved a lot recently and he's toned down heavily on his annoying tendencies. Great work calling the UKCT)
Otunga (I feel like he's the only normal commentator who's just himself, the rest of them are weirdos/wacky af/playing a character)
Aries (dope commentator, could tone it down always trying to get himself over tho)
Mauro (dope commentator as well, but a little too animated at times)
JBL (improved a lot since Raw days)
Graves (actually my favorite voice out of everyone, but he's basically replacing the OD and unnecessarily annoying color JBL used to be which I hate)
Byron (this nerdy goofy role is really weird and just doesn't work. They need to let him be a regular PBP)

Yeah, I actually kind of like Otunga. Mauro is pretty good, this is probably his best work tbh. I do not like Graves and Byron right now, they sound really fake when they're selling anything. You're right that JBL has improved quite a bit, he used to fall in the same pattern that Byron and Graves is in and he's toned that shyt down a lot.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
People really don't respect Cole enough for what he has done. Imagine having to listen to Vince yelling in your ear for 2 fukking decades, which for Cole is nothing because of his previous jobs before WWE. The next person to take over will be much worse.

cole was out there covering war conflicts in the shyt for real, very few people are as legit as him in wrestling period. i gotta respect it

Swagnicious

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Swagville
The good thing about Cole being away is that people will have no choice but to finally stop using him as a scapegoat for WWE's strict, overly-produced commentary style

To this day there are plenty of people who act like talking about Twitter and the WWE app every 2 minutes is all Cole's idea, and give him shyt for it. Let them give Cole's spot to Mauro on Raw......see if Mauro won't be doing that same shyt. Mauro MAY find a way to work in calling a few moves between the mandated side banter.....and that's only if Vince doesn't STILL bytch at him for doing that as well, on the main show/PPVs

When Cole was being produced by Heyman on early Smackdown he was VERY good.....certainly not anywhere JR-level but not bad at all either. Called all kinds of moves. Even had more passion back then and didn't sound fake as hell like he sometimes does now due to being micromanaged. Now his legacy as a commentator is ruined because of Vinnie "sports entertainment not wrestling" Mac and beaver-tooth Kevin Dunn.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Cole without filter is a blessing in disguise. People forget about his old Smackdown days with Tazz and JBL where dude was actually pretty good on commentary. Folks slept on his "heel" turn too...dudes know that shyt was low key greatness.:obama:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Ranking current commentators by how much they annoy me from least to most:

Cole (his works improved a lot recently and he's toned down heavily on his annoying tendencies. Great work calling the UKCT)
Otunga (I feel like he's the only normal commentator who's just himself, the rest of them are weirdos/wacky af/playing a character)
Aries (dope commentator, could tone it down always trying to get himself over tho)
Mauro (dope commentator as well, but a little too animated at times)
JBL (improved a lot since Raw days)
Graves (actually my favorite voice out of everyone, but he's basically replacing the OD and unnecessarily annoying color JBL used to be which I hate)
Byron (this nerdy goofy role is really weird and just doesn't work. They need to let him be a regular PBP)

Otunga is fukking garbage. Him and Bryon are completely pointless.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Cole is reportedly becoming more and more interested in moving to an off-camera role as he continues with behind-the-scenes duties. Cole handles some parts of WWE production and works to groom the up & coming WWE announcers, including Nigel McGuinness.

No word yet on when Cole might transition into a full-time backstage role but lately there's been more talk of it happening.

8nvBlJC.jpg
thats not good

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He seems like he's improved a lot. don't get the hate. He did his thing for UK tourney.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Cole is good when hes calling the match, naming holds and doing the old school thing.

When hes shilling the network and just spitting out garbage hes unbearable.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
He's probably heard the phrase "GOD DAMN IT" more than any human being in history.