Michael Porter jr to stay with Denver on 5 yr-172 (possible 207) million dollar Rookie extension.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Still a horrendous contract. Basically another Tobias Harris. If Denver could move him without attaching multiple firsts for an upgrade, they would.
He’s been great for the Nuggets, though. Lucked into getting him in the draft and he was instrumental in bringing a first chip to Denver. This has also been his best year. He’s limited by the Nuggets’s offensive focus on the two-man playmaking of Jokic and Murray but he’s still managed to develop into a pretty complete player in spite of that. He’s not the black hole that he started as. He also has the capability to go the fukk off which is a nice luxury. I don’t think he’ll ever reach the full potential he had in high school because of the injuries but he’s a walking miracle because of what he’s accomplished and how he’s been able to stay on the floor. Inspiring journey. Show me a team where the third highest paid player is significantly better.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
He’s been great for the Nuggets, though. Lucked into getting him in the draft and he was instrumental in bringing a first chip to Denver. This has also been his best year. He’s limited by the Nuggets’s offensive focus on the two-man playmaking of Jokic and Murray but he’s still managed to develop into a pretty complete player in spite of that. He’s not the black hole that he started as. He also has the capability to go the fukk off which is a nice luxury. I don’t think he’ll ever reach the full potential he had in high school because of the injuries but he’s a walking miracle because of what he’s accomplished and how he’s been able to stay on the floor. Inspiring journey. Show me a team where the third highest paid player is significantly better.
He also bought in way more than anyone expected. From a guy that was comparing himself to KD and Giannis before the draft to improving himself as a defender, settling into the 3rd option role and never trying to force himself into a bigger role here or by a trade.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He also bought in way more than anyone expected. From a guy that was comparing himself to KD and Giannis before the draft to improving himself as a defender, settling into the 3rd option role and never trying to force himself into a bigger role here or by a trade.
Word to Bones

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
The crazy thing about MPJ is if he didn't speak up at the postgame press conference after that Clipper game Mike Malone would have probably buried him on the bench and he would have ended up like Bol Bol.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Tobias Harris and his contract aren’t the reasons why the Sixers ain’t been to the Finals though. Embiid, Ben Simmons, James Harden, Doc Rivers and their shortcomings in the playoffs.
PLjZwxV.png

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Boston, LAC, OKC, Minnesota, NYK, Lakers, Milwaukee if we count Brook Lopez, Indiana once next season begins and Myles Turner is third highest.

So you don't think plenty of guys could have averaged 13 a game on 42%/35% shooting in the postseason last year? Bruce Brown was closing quite a few games last year for Denver over him and MPJ was horrendous in the Finals.

MPJ isn't dogshyt. He's a really good rebounder, good, streaky spot-up shooter and has definitely improved defensively but there's guys who could step in and produce just as much if not more than him in Denver playing off Jokic.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Tobias Harris and his contract aren’t the reasons why the Sixers ain’t been to the Finals though. Embiid, Ben Simmons, James Harden, Doc Rivers and their shortcomings in the playoffs.
If he was making 20 a year, this would check out but he's been the highest or second highest paid player on the Sixers since 2018. :comeon:

So yes, while Embiid is the biggest problem, Harris is definitely a reason Philly hasn't broken through, especially when you consider they chose him over Jimmy Butler.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Yep, exactly. He could’ve been a chemistry killer. He sometimes sits in big moments and doesn’t sulk like he used to. He just seems to be focused on his role on the team and helping toward winning more often than not.