Microsoft survey asks "Would you sell back your digital games for 10% of purchase price?"

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I am not sure I follow? I always thought Valve actually bought keys at a rate and then set the pricing themselves? Isn't that how they have always been able to control those mass summer/winter sales?

I think they actually "ran out of keys" for some of those huge sales like Max Payne 3 and Prey way back when they marked it down to $2.

I could be wrong though, but vividly remember a publisher saying that Valve ran out of keys to supply the unusually high demand.
you are confusing Steam for sites like G2A

as far as topic is concerned. 20-25% would probably make this work for both parties.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I mean, it's cool they are even offering considering they really don't have to buy back digital games...at all. 10% is low but I don't see much reason for them to go higher since they aren't going to make much money on items that are sold back. Physical resell offers much more value than this would, even if they're turning around and selling the item for more than they payed you for once you hand it over.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How is Gamestop ripping you off? You guys really need to let that shyt go with Gamestop. It doesn't matter what Gamestop is selling the game for...that shouldn't be any of your concern. Gamestop needs to make a profit as well.

You know what is nice about Gamestop? You go back...sell a relatively new game for $30-$35 store credit and come out with another game for $20-$25, less if you buy used and are a pro member. Time invested? Maybe 10 minutes in the store. Want to go to eBay? Sure you can make some extra cash but at the end of the day you are only looking at about an extra $10 gained by selling it that way (outside of rare/hard to find/complete games) and a mountain of potential headache with a shytty buyer. Other than that, it's pretty tough to beat Gamestop and I have yet to be proven wrong when it comes to them. I don't even care for physical media and don't understand the backlash when it comes to Gamestop. Even Amazon/Walmart/Best Buy tend to fall behind what they offer in credit compared to most games at gamestop from all that I have researched.

Nothing, you still keep the license and the download delivery/cloud service that comes with it. Why would any trader buy a game for $60 and know that the return value will only be $6 MAXIMUM? That's WILD man. We have already established that people who trade games shouldn't be buying digital at this time, but 10%? You might as well keep the damn license. That number does NOTHING to alleviate the concerns people have with digital purchases. More flexible pricing and maybe a few returns allowed per year based on spending activity will help much much more.

Hell, I think renting digitally is a much better alternative to this nonsense.
Best Buy trade-ins with GCU purchases beat GameStop easily. You simply wait for their monthly trade in specials and trade in fairly recent games letting you walk out with a brand new title for $8-$15 out of pocket and if your previous game came with a $10 cert or the new game comes with one less than that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why I refuse to buy digital games on console unless I know it's a game I will probably play for a long time and don't plan on selling e.g. a MP game or w/e. Other than that, I buy digital on PC when prices are really low.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get why anyone would trade for so low

Does it cost money for digital games to sit idle on our consoles?
i think they are asking because, what happens is this. you run out of disk space. you realize you dont play certain games. then you delete them. guess what happens? all of these games are held on a server somewhere under your profile. the actual full game files are their. so if you want to bring them back to your console you can download them again for free. their is money being burned in hosting a lot of games that are not being used at all.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
i think they are asking because, what happens is this. you run out of disk space. you realize you dont play certain games. then you delete them. guess what happens? all of these games are held on a server somewhere under your profile. the actual full game files are their. so if you want to bring them back to your console you can download them again for free. their is money being burned in hosting a lot of games that are not being used at all.
figured much. I don't kno how publishers would feel tho. MS would have to break them off some bread

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
figured much. I don't kno how publishers would feel tho. MS would have to break them off some bread
no they wouldnt. publishers got their cash up front. MS right now is holding the bag for all the games we've purchased but deleted digitally.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
S3oQozm.png

From Reddit.

How do you feel about this, brehs?
don't offer any type of sale nor advantage of buying digital games then con nikkas out of a download license brehs :francis:

there is literally no difference in getting a game digitally... and it costs the company less with NOT producing a disc, cover, inserts, and shipping to store... and yet they charge the exact same price...

but i can sell my game... and they miss that money.. so they tried to say no used/online games... failed... so they coming back around to get 90% of that money AGAIN after you already paid... just to take back a download license :mjlol:

but always online was about the games and not about money :stopitslime:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I would for sports games. I never touch old sports games when the next years version drops. Id rather get $2 then waste space on my hard drive :manny: