Microsoft survey asks "Would you sell back your digital games for 10% of purchase price?"

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
fukk them, it is inevitable that retail for software is going away. Why delay the inevitable? Force retailers to come up with new solutions to get people into the stores. Gamestop/Walmart/Target should only be selling limited editions of games as far as I'm concerned.

Games on PSN/XBL should be 10% less than retail across the board starting out. There is less for them to do, no manufacturing/shipping to get together. They charge a yearly fee to access XBL/PSN so don't give me the sorry ass excuse that they need the same price to support their servers.

Steam alone is bigger than PSN/XBL and they are able to be aggressive, why can't huge companies like Sony and Microsoft?
These game consoles don't have the storage for digital only. The DRM situation makes me think they are moving into that direction though

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Digital games should be sold cheaper period.

been saying this for the longest. why is a computer file costing the same as a physical copy??? makes no sense.

when I buy microsoft office from bill gates, they charge me less to download the software and more for a dvd copy. and that makes perfect sense.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The problem is if they did this people would stop buying physical copies for the most part and it would damage their retail partners.

They were already trying to cut retail out that's why the retail giants did their smear campaign (that worked) that helped PS4 take an early lead, even though Sony had the EXACT same ideas ready to go.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
I don't ever want to have to buy a digital copy for a game if I don't have to in the first place, and if I had to, I'd definitely not be willing to sell it back at 10% of its original price.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
A bit off topic, I buy mostly digital. My last digital purchase was WWE 2k16 for X1 last week. The thing I hate about digital purchases on the X1 is that you get taxed meanwhile on the PSN Store you do not. But the digital downloads on the PS4 suck because of the long downloads compared the X1 download speed.

$6 is better than nothing because I know for a fact that I will never ever again in my life play Halo MCC.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
They've been talking about thinking of a way to allow sharing/selling of digital games.

10% is pretty low, but I just deleted a bunch of games and got nothing for them. Woulda been nice to get something:manny:
That "better than nothing :ehh:" attitude :scust:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
It literally doesn't even make sense. Cause it's not nothing

You got no price deal for digital. And if you sold the hard copy you'd get double or triple that

So it's more like $6 is better than $15 and up :mindblown:

Let me start out by saying buying physical is almost always more beneficial in the long term than buying digital ... but that's not always the case. For example, I was able to find some crazy deal for The Last of Us digital for $15 when it was triple that in stores. Also, sports games and games that have yearly installments have a crazy depreciation once the next game in the series comes out. Someone might be willing to give you $15 for NBA 2k15 if you live in a major city or something, but otherwise you'll probably own it forever. It might make sense for some to buy digitally, and at least be guaranteed to get something back. Granted, these may be rapestop levels of a return, but it is better than possibly getting nothing when the latest Madden comes out.