Migos is looking at 200K (30-40k pure) first week with Culture 2

Hammer

Banned
Daps
flop

but why would anyone buy albums anymore when there literally on Spotify for free?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
300k first week are solid numbers, remember that streaming does more for the coming period than the first week.
With the old ways we used to consume music, we all ran and bought shyt and then it dropped. Now if we like it we continue to listen and the sales keep on coming as long as we listen.

Minus Outkast, Wu with the second and BTNH, I can't think of too many REAL groups (i.e. not Eminem + weed carriers or 50 cent and crew, The Throne, Young money etc) that have done those FW#s. As far as popular hits goes, basically only Outkast. So if they also start selling out arenas, they might actually be top 3 biggest group :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
300k first week are solid numbers, remember that streaming does more for the coming period than the first week.
With the old ways we used to consume music, we all ran and bought shyt and then it dropped. Now if we like it we continue to listen and the sales keep on coming as long as we listen.

Minus Outkast, Wu with the second and BTNH, I can't think of too many REAL groups (i.e. not Eminem + weed carriers or 50 cent and crew, The Throne, Young money etc) that have done those FW#s. As far as popular hits goes, basically only Outkast. So if they also start selling out arenas, they might actually be top 3 biggest group :manny:
when did you start listening to rap breh :mjlol:

i could name 20 groups that had albums go plat.. multi even.. and even groups with 2-3-4 platinums

migos doing 300k is extremely good for them... please don't ever try and slip them in on some biggest rap group nonsense. they might not even go gold

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
when did you start listening to rap breh :mjlol:

i could name 20 groups that had albums go plat.. multi even.. and even groups with 2-3-4 platinums

migos doing 300k is extremely good for them... please don't ever try and slip them in on some biggest rap group nonsense. they might not even go gold
I didn’t only talk about record sales now did I? I’m talking about doing it about doing it several times, having hits, billboard positions, and being able to do arenas and on. People don’t even remember than Jay, Dmx and Ja Rule + more did arenas in the end of the 90s and celebrated it like it was some next level type of greatness. Now, Cole does it in his sleep, alone. Total sales are significantly different today, first week is something that has been pretty consistent which is why I compared that, although with the new streaming dynamics first week is decreasing and total increasing again.

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So 30 to 40k

Mumble rap lost this last yesr

This is a flop not only is it 's flop the stream number are disappointing too if 180 to 200k is the protection

Yacht did 60k I think it wss
Migos can't outsell Scarface

The end is near young dogs
Old n flabby got this shyt in 's headlock

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Close to doubling C1. No big single. Big W I think

Witch is crazy cuz everyone knew bad n boujee. That song was everywhere. People were waiting on culture ll but let's be honest, it kinda came outta nowhere. Those are great numbers...

Impressive. And without a big single.

Motorsport is on the album and Stir Fry is currently #60 on the Hot 100

Man I heard Motorsport 4 like 3 weeks? It peaked high but it faded fast. Only went gold. Stir fry wasnt shyt really either.

Last album they had B&B, Slippery, Tshirt, Call Casting, Kelly price. Multiplats.

:dahell: "Motorsport" is still in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I didn’t only talk about record sales now did I? I’m talking about doing it about doing it several times, having hits, billboard positions, and being able to do arenas and on. People don’t even remember than Jay, Dmx and Ja Rule + more did arenas in the end of the 90s and celebrated it like it was some next level type of greatness. Now, Cole does it in his sleep, alone. Total sales are significantly different today, first week is something that has been pretty consistent which is why I compared that, although with the new streaming dynamics first week is decreasing and total increasing again.
ummmm yes you did only talk about sales :mjlol:

i don't see shyt about tours... and that's it cause several times (still i can name more groups), having hits (a hit is determined by sales, hence a #1 is a hit), billboard positions (sales again), do arenas is the only thing not tied to sales and that came with an IF..

i'm not sure migos is on an arena tour right now.. like those 90s tours was 50-60 cities and NBA stadiums breh.. I missed the memo for the Migos National Tour. I damn sure missed when they went plat on 5 different albums like cyprus hill... or 3 different albums like ATCQ... i mean the goddamn big tymers went plat twice breh... the fat boys, geto boys and the damn hot boys each have plat albums...

i know what you're saying.. but you're wrong.. migos is hot right now. and it's been a long time since we had a hot group. i'm not taking away from what they are doing

but what they are NOT... is the biggest group.. maybe right now, today they are. but in rap history.. ain't no motherfukking metric you can find, where migos is higher, except streaming numbers

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:dahell: "Motorsport" is still in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100:

Lmao I've only heard that song one time, on the Coli when it first came out. Guess I'm behind the wave. I never hear it on the radio. Whereas I always hear that Gucci/Migos song.