Mike Mayock mock draft

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
2014 NFL Mock Drafts : Mock Draft 1.0: Manziel heading to Dallas

You can see all of it at the link. I still dont think Manziel is there at 16. But if he is, the Cowboys better get him.

HOU.png

1. Jadeveon Clowney Both Khalil Mack and Clowney fit here, but the upside of Clowney will sway Houston. He's the most talented defensive lineman on the planet, including NFL players. If he wants to be it, he's got a chance.
  2. PICK NO.

GREG ROBINSON
    OT
    AUBURN

The NFC West is the most physical division in football, Robinson is the most physical lineman in the draft. He'll give the Rams that presence they need.
  3. PICK NO.

KHALIL MACK
    OLB
    BUFFALO

Mack is my No. 1-ranked player. Remember where Gus Bradley comes from -- the Super Bowl-winning Seahawks. Mack has got an edge and fits this defense better than anyone in the draft.
  4. PICK NO.

JAKE MATTHEWS
    OT
    TEXAS A&M

There's some talk of taking a QB here, but I think the Browns will go with lineage. They'll take Matthews and put him opposite Joe Thomas, and get their QB at No. 26.
  5. PICK NO.

SAMMY WATKINS
    WR
    CLEMSON

This could be Johnny Manziel, but the Raiders don't have much at WR right now, and Watkins is the most explosive WR in the draft. He's got to be there to help Matt Schaub.
  6. PICK NO.

TAYLOR LEWAN
    OT
    MICHIGAN

The Falcons need edge rushers, but the two best are off the board. Lewan is the most athletically gifted tackle in the draft, a plug-and-play tackle who'll play 8-10 years. He'll immediately make Matt Ryan a better QB.
  7. PICK NO.

MIKE EVANS
    WR
    TEXAS A&M

Manziel and Bortles are possibilities, but the best playmaker on the board is Evans. With his height, vertical ability and great catch radius, he's too good a positional player to pass on.
  8. PICK NO.

JUSTIN GILBERT
    CB
    OKLAHOMA ST.

Mike Zimmer loves his corners, and the No. 1 corner is Gilbert. The Vikings were No. 32 in points allowed last year. Gilbert immediately steps in and helps their defensive backfield.
  9. PICK NO.

ZACK MARTIN
    OT
    NOTRE DAME

Eric Ebron is possible, but I would take Martin. You can play him at tackle or guard, even center, and he'll do it at a high level. He will help make E.J. Manuel a better quarterback.
  10. PICK NO.

DARQUEZE DENNARD
    CB
    MICHIGAN ST.

With Gilbert off the board, the Lions fill an area of need with Dennard. He's a plug-and-play corner who is best in press coverage.
  11. PICK NO.

BLAKE BORTLES
    QB
    CENTRAL FLORIDA

The Titans want a corner, but I think Bortles is Ken Whisenhunt's guy. He'll need that redshirt year, but the Titans could let Jake Locker play, then come back the next year and have their quarterback of the future.
  12. PICK NO.

ERIC EBRON
    TE
    NORTH CAROLINA

Eli needs a buddy. The Giants were No. 28 in points scored, and Ebron is the most gifted tight end I've seen in a while as a vertical threat. If he's willing to work at blocking, he's a Pro Bowl tight end.
  13. PICK NO.

ODELL BECKHAM
    WR
    LSU

St. Louis needs to complement its first pick. Robinson will keep Sam Bradford healthy, Beckham gives him another weapon.
  14. PICK NO.

CALVIN PRYOR
    FS
    LOUISVILLE

This was one of the worst defensive teams in football last year. Pryor reminds me of Bob Sanders with the way he flies all over the field, and he'll stabilize the back end of this defense.
  15. PICK NO.

KYLE FULLER
    CB
    VIRGINIA TECH

The Steelers could trade down, but if they don't, Fuller is their guy. Ike Taylor is 34; Fuller can play inside or outside, press or off.
  16. PICK NO.

JOHNNY MANZIEL
    QB
    TEXAS A&M

If it's my pick, I'd upgrade this defense with Donald or Clinton-Dix. But this is Jerry's world. Tony Romo is 34 and coming off his second back surgery, and I think this team is further away from winning a championship than people think. Can Jerry Jones pass up on this kid?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Manziel to Dallas :mjlol::mjlol:

Apparently going 8-8 is to good for them now 6-10 will be the standard​

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I like mayock a lot but some of these picks make no sense

His last 10 straight trash

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Possibly. It doesnt matter. The hope for the future.

And we all know Romo's back is paper mache status
They just gave him that new contract

:lolJ::lolJ::lolJ:

Cowboys gonna be pathetic at least another 5 years

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They just gave him that new contract

Cowboys gonna be pathetic at least another 5 years

Laugh all you want. :manny:

I'm not a Cowboy fan.

:mjlol:

Building a contender is what fills the seats

That starts with a defense that can stop someone

You don't know how Jerry Jones operates.

He could've done this already. The reality is, Johnny Manziel with a star on his helmet makes a bigger impact than some random defensive lineman at #16