Mike Tomlin - Announces He Is Coming back to Coach The Steelers

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think his message is getting across to the players but it feels like he's been there too long. He needs to overhaul that whole offense because Pickett isn't making it happen and we just watched Mason Rudolph scramble to the middle of the field with 10 seconds left and no timeouts left, Harris get 35 yards in a playoff game and Pickens completely disappear for stretches of weeks.

Yup, one of the most boneheaded plays I've ever seen. I was screaming at the TV: "take the 15 point throw" but he didn't do it and of course they lost by 14, unreal.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Told y'all in that “Fire Tomlin” thread that he isn't going anywhere...

He has the safest job in the league as long as he continues to produce 9-10 win seasons with this roster and Wild Card 1-and-done exits (at the very least) he'll be fine with management.

The only ways he'll no longer have that job is if he chooses to retire, ownership and he agrees to part ways, OR the Steelers start putting up below .500 seasons and having playoff droughts for a good 2-3 years straight.

Basically, it would take some years of losing (and I mean losing badly) for him to not have that job anymore.

Otherwise, he's safe.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:what: The contempt for black coaches is disgusting.

He has a SB (youngest coach at the time), highly respected, never had a losing season, and contained a unhinged maniac in Antonio Brown for 8 seasons.

He is a premier coach in the league. There is no reason he has to announce his return. Again this shyt is disgusting.
In the last 7 seasons the Steelers have either missed the playoffs or lost in the first round. I personally think he is overrated.

But I’m a Ravens fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt :pacspit:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
In the last 7 seasons the Steelers have either missed the playoffs or lost in the first round. I personally think he is overrated.

But I’m a Ravens fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt :pacspit:
Okay, and what's their salary looked like :hubie:

Steelers like to win but they like to win cheap. If Tomlin is coaching up these trash rosters every year they know that if they give him a good one he'll get it done.

What people constantly overlook in the Steelers/Head Coach situation is the Steelers organization isn't as dumb as fans or even other owners. They know full well what they're handing over to him every year. They're going to keep on trying to build the right roster (not his responsibility) to give to their coach who has clearly shown an ability to perform his job.

Colbert stepping down and being replaced before Tomlin should be a sign of this.