Mike Tyson: It bothers Americans to see people who speak perfect English and on top of their game

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

4:40

- Host: The people didn't always appreciate you or gravitate to you Lennox Lewis. You weren't American, you didn't yell crazy things, you were soft spoken
- Mike Tyson: Listen. You go to the poorest part of Jamaica, they speak perfect English. The Queens English. On the flip side you go to a Middle Class neighborhood in America, and they speak horrible English. And for some reason seeing someone speak perfect English or not have that street behavior bothers Americans
- Mike Tyson: It bothers especially minority Americans. You look at someone who is on top of his game and put together, they don't like it
- Lennox Lewis: Alot of people said I was arrogant. I'm just talking the way I normally talk

Makes you think :ehh::jbhmm:. Don't agree with the blanket statement of "All non-White American young adults speak horrible English"
But does American youth culture gravitate to flawed personalities, especially when it comes to Celebrities and who they look up to?

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I don't agree with nor bother entertaining anything that comes out of that gap toothed fakkits mouth. My god is this nikka so color fukking struck.

"They speak horrible English"

I bet if you asked this BB-brained dumb ass what a dialect and accent are he'd think they were the same thing and that have no impact on how a person speaks.

Cause having actually been to England, the English they speak isn't correctly either.

Yas

All Star
Daps

4:40

- Host: The people didn't always appreciate you or gravitate to you Lennox Lewis. You weren't American, you didn't yell crazy things, you were soft spoken
- Mike Tyson: Listen. You go to the poorest part of Jamaica, they speak perfect English. The Queens English. On the flip side you go to a Middle Class neighborhood in America, and they speak horrible English. And for some reason seeing someone speak perfect English or not have that street behavior bothers Americans
- Mike Tyson: It bothers especially minority Americans. You look at someone who is on top of his game and put together, they don't like it
- Lennox Lewis: Alot of people said I was arrogant. I'm just talking the way I normally talk

Makes you think :ehh::jbhmm:. Don't agree with the blanket statement of "All non-White American young adults speak horrible English"
But does American youth culture gravitate to flawed personalities, especially when it comes to Celebrities and who they look up to?

I want to know why they like to compare so much, the thing about perfect English is funny to me though because I doubt it but whatever makes him happy

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Some people speak that way to keep others out. That’s why they did it during the bebop era. shyt like dap too was made to create an in group. Some of it is just bad education. But if it makes you mad it serves its purpose

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Some Americans do think random English/British people speak perfect/proper English when it's just the norm back home. Millions speak the same.

But that's the effect.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Co-Signed

That’s why they try to attack u on the way u speak/talk because their embarrassed by they own lack of knowledge

The irony, the dude in your avi Andre Ward suffered the same with the national media not appreciating him because he was seemed to be a "goody two shoes" and pretentious. All because he was well spoken and didn't wild out in the media