Mike Tyson: It bothers Americans to see people who speak perfect English and on top of their game

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
why does tyson always has to try to speak down on blacks or insinuate some broad negative narrative about black people?

With his background of all things?
The old white man saved him from that background is prolly how he looks at it

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
That’s some wild homo shyt

Bussy Banditry is at an all time high in this bytch smfh.

For real. shyt is sick.

Oh now i see..

Your Mother is none other than..

Desiree-Washington-Wiki-Biography.jpg

You need Jesus, I was born in ‘86 you fukking creep. Prolly got a damn vibrator collection that got your whole crib smelling like an outhouse

Daps

4:40

- Host: The people didn't always appreciate you or gravitate to you Lennox Lewis. You weren't American, you didn't yell crazy things, you were soft spoken
- Mike Tyson: Listen. You go to the poorest part of Jamaica, they speak perfect English. The Queens English. On the flip side you go to a Middle Class neighborhood in America, and they speak horrible English. And for some reason seeing someone speak perfect English or not have that street behavior bothers Americans
- Mike Tyson: It bothers especially minority Americans. You look at someone who is on top of his game and put together, they don't like it
- Lennox Lewis: Alot of people said I was arrogant. I'm just talking the way I normally talk

Makes you think :ehh::jbhmm:. Don't agree with the blanket statement of "All non-White American young adults speak horrible English"
But does American youth culture gravitate to flawed personalities, especially when it comes to Celebrities and who they look up to?

Mike is saying some :comeon: shyt.

He thinks white Americans speak proper English? Just because someone has a nasally white accent doesn't mean they're using correct grammar and sentence structure.

Europeans? Truth is that white people from England came over 400 years ago to what is now America. The way we speak in America today is CLOSER to how English people sounded back then.....versus how modern Brits sound.

He is the definition of "white man's ice is colder."

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
It's called giving context to what Mike Tyson is saying

I could tell you failed English class
you time stamped it at 8 minutes - after he already talked about what he was talking.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The Queens English????:russ:

Y'all really be listening to Mike be for real man :skip:

That is patois. Jamaican English and Patois are not the same. Patois is as different from English as German is. Lennox Lewis did not speak Patois in the media, so obviously this isn't about Patois.

Just like Shaggy who doesn't speak Patois in the media and Americans (even white Americans) will joke that it means that he's soft or fake. When he's literally making the decision to speak the language.

Americans are incredibly ignorant about the English language in general. This is the same "talking white" issue Black Americans face multiplied by the inherent racism in Amerixa treating black people like a monolith.

Also somehow, the enemy in this conversation is going to be this black person or that one, and not the institutions that we know are responsible promoting and broadcasting, and the decisions they made.

You want to know why people said shyt like thay about Lennox Lewis - Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant were on broadcasts calling his fights saying this shyt.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Lennox was a boring fighter.
Manny steward perfected his hyper safe style with him and then did the same with klitskcho with the same result, people stopped watching heavyweight title fights.