Mike Tysons Autobiography

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
THIS BOOK IS AWESOME FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!

fat-kid-celebration-gif.gif

Insight into what it really takes to be a warrior.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yea im currently reading it now.. Im midway through at the part where they're finna lock his ass up for the rape charge...

Part that cracked me up is how Tyson just use to abuse this nikka Don King in camp and out in public menatlly and physically.. He would publicly son the nikka because he couldn't understand why nikkas feared him.. he would punch him or kick the nikka in the head.. They had to beg this nikka to stop cause Don was an old man and said he wouldn't come around no more if mike wouldn't stop hitting him:mjlol:Mike said one time he kicked Don in the head so hard his boy said he saw dust fly out his afro :wow: :dead:
:laff:

body snatcher

Banned
Daps
I just boight my copy. Walked past it in the store on my way out and remembered this thread. :banderas:

Had to go back and get it. :blessed:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Ayo, the Mike Jack story in here is hilarious. I'm reading the book now and I'm just gonna type part of this shyt out...

"Sometime that year Don had taken me to see Michael Jackson perform. Don had done promotions for Michael and his father, so he took me backstage after the show. I had met Joe Jackson at some of my fights because he was a player. So we were backstage and Michael was by himself, standing in the corner, waiting for his car to come. Nobody could get near him. But he saw that I was surrounded by people wanting my autograph. I wanted to shake his hand before he got in that car, so I walked over to him.

'How are you doing, Mr. Jackson? It's a pleasure to meet you,' I said.

He paused for a second and looked me voer.

'I know you from somewhere, don't I?' he said.

He shat on me that night. He knew who I was. But I couldn't be mad, I thought it was beautiful. I couldn't wait to try that line on someone."

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
i :laff:'d @ the Rick James/Carlton Banks story. and the Mitch Green stuff is so much funnier in the book then in his one man show

also loved the part when he told his friend to drive his lambo cross country back to his mansion & put it in his video game room

Man, the part about Mike drinking 40's with Ricky Schroeder and Carlton Banks (Alfonzo something) and then Rick James pulling up in a drop top Rolls then punching Carlton and taking his 40 had me dying. I was reading it at work and was actually day dreaming and visualizing how that would have looked.:laff:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Bump. Read this when it came out and never read a 500+ page book so fast. Really good stuff and eye opening honesty, especially about growing up in Brownsville. Lol wild how he Mike went from asking Cus if he would ever get a girl when he was a teen to running thru them after he became famous. Can only imagine how Mike would be living in the IG model era.

:russ:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I read this back in the day but listened to the audiobook at the end of last year, didn’t remember a lot of it. shyt got super dark the last few chapters. :damn: Amazing that Mike is still alive and thriving.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if it's covered in the book, but I was watching the biography on Hulu and it had footage of Cus talking about he felt he already lost control of Mike. Made it seem like the narrative that Cus died caused Mike to go out of control wasn't right and that Mike was gone be Mike no matter what.

I’m not the biggest Teddy Atlas fan, but I believe him when he said Cus was an enabler and allowed Tyson to get away with a lot of shyt because of his talent.

Jose Torres said a long time ago that Mike would go back to Brownsville and get into shyt, and they would drive there and (unsuccessfully) try to find him.

Cus being alive might have helped Mike stay somewhat on the right track for a little longer, but Mike had a lot of demons and trauma and a self destructive side.

Also, he’s 20-22 years old and filthy rich. He’s arguably the most famous athlete in the world. Cus and Jacobs had a lot of control over him. Eventually he might rebel and want more freedom, like a kid rebelling against his parents.