Miles Morales Crashed My Damn PS5 Twice

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It froze on me when i was playing. had to close the application and reopen

It's a great game, but they clearly have a ton of things to work out

also the dialogue goes mute at some points

i'm replaying the 1st mission and i cant hear Peter talking at all, only the subtitles are there. It happened when the Prowler was introduced and during the Fisk side mission

great game, but very buggy

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Mile Morales aint touching my PS5 :hubie:

Honestly im starting to think its the disc version of these games causing issues....i think the drive itself might be the root of some of the problems with the PS5.

Ive decided to not even use discs on mine

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Mile Morales aint touching my PS5 :hubie:

Honestly im starting to think its the disc version of these games causing issues....i think the drive itself might be the root of some of the problems with the PS5.

Ive decided to not even use discs on mine

It’s an interesting theory. I know PS5 games get installed to the internal drive so post-install the disc is just used for validating the license to play the game.

I have a digital version and I haven’t had any issues with MM. I’ve played it daily for a few hours on average since the day after release. I personally hope it’s a software issue and can be patched by an update and not a physical drive issue like you’re a saying. That could put Sony in warranty/recall hell since they didn’t make a many digital consoles.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
It’s an interesting theory. I know PS5 games get installed to the internal drive so post-install the disc is just used for validating the license to play the game.

I have a digital version and I haven’t had any issues with MM. I’ve played it daily for a few hours on average since the day after release. I personally hope it’s a software issue and can be patched by an update and not a physical drive issue like you’re a saying. That could put Sony in warranty/recall hell since they didn’t make a many digital consoles.
Just my theory but i think the PS5's internal memory has issues connecting to any external memory/drives. Thats why some ppl are having issues with external drives, the disc drive ps5 appears to have more issues, and why sony disabled that ssd expansion bay at launch.

Im going all digital until they enable the ssd expansion port and im not putting anything in the disc drive

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Just my theory but i think the PS5's internal memory has issues connecting to any external memory/drives. Thats why some ppl are having issues with external drives, the disc drive ps5 appears to have more issues, and why sony disabled that ssd expansion bay at launch.

Im going all digital until they enable the ssd expansion port and im not putting anything in the disc drive

Yep. There’s definitely something weird going on there. I’m a developer and have some theories about what’s happening but it’s just a shot in the dark and not worth going into great detail. At the end of the day, I refuse to connect any hard drive to my digital ps5 until they fix the issues with external storage. I still got like 400 GB free and I haven’t even played a lot of the stuff I installed yet