MILITARY STORIES

Superstar
Daps
sounds like SFCs have too much time on their hands

In support jobs, hell yeah lol. Now that I think about it, it may be in combat arms too just not as prevalent. Mine were usually in staff meetings getting guidance from up top about the day’s/week’s tasks and future shyt. The rest of the time they were in their’s or 1SG’s office arguing about some shyt or getting chewed out about something one of their soldiers did.

Support platoon Sergeants, that don’t have to work hands on, just seemed to disappear for the day.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I was thinking of joining the USMC reserves cause I thought I missed it but fukk all that :camby:

I just miss the brotherhood :mjcry:
ngl, i'd actually go back in for reserves too if i got fastracked to warrant straight away with no crazy wait time *and* had majority of my experience on the outside carry over in some way

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ngl, i'd actually go back in for reserves too if i got fastracked to warrant straight away with no crazy wait time *and* had majority of my experience on the outside carry over in some way

Never thought of that breh :jbhmm:
I have locs & a beard now though. No going back :wow:

Yeah just join a veteran's org and volunteer if you just want the brother hood

Rep. Hopefully it isn’t full of old MAGA cacs but this being Atlanta, I don’t expect that

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There's tons of fukkery in the reserve component of all branches

Don't expect rank on talent alone the good ol boy network is strong

Technically UCMJ and rank structure doesn't really apply while in reserve status once deployed on Federal status you fall under normal military regulations

In the reserves your local unit maybe a company so even if you wanted to be a major you'd have to find a job for your rank.

You could be in California and you'd have to go to Louisiana to pick up rank.

Lot of reservists sit in rank for years because they don't want to move.

The normal time in rank rules don't work for the reserve component

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Terminal leave approved :wow:

That's going to be a lovely 60 days

Don't have a job lined up though :sadcam:

Oh well
Congrats man just know you have options. Don’t have to get back into the work force yet you can get unemployment. Just have a plan stick to it. If you going to go for college map it out what where you want to go and what degree. If you want to get into your career with your skill set just keep applying it’s a lot of jobs out here man. Good luck :salute:. Also work on your disability claim go for %100 keep the foot on they necks he’ll start going to the doctor before your officially out. For flat feet, shaving any and everything.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congrats man just know you have options. Don’t have to get back into the work force yet you can get unemployment. Just have a plan stick to it. If you going to go for college map it out what where you want to go and what degree. If you want to get into your career with your skill set just keep applying it’s a lot of jobs out here man. Good luck :salute:. Also work on your disability claim go for %100 keep the foot on they necks he’ll start going to the doctor before your officially out. For flat feet, shaving any and everything.
I'm about 70 percent done with my degree and I'm currently working on my VA.
Got my appointment later on this month

I might file unemployment so I can just rest and enjoy life for a little.

In my military career field it was tough to have a social life

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Thought about that but I rather use the leave to finish my degree

It's win-win either way.

Either take the time and sell it back for another bump on the check or you chuck the deuces, not go to work for 2 months, and still get your normal check. :wow:

I tell cats to stack that leave up going into their last couple years so they can sell some and take leave. :wow: