Millennials are becoming more resentful of their parents for not being able to babysit their grandchildren

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I will add to this that Grandparents need to understand that parents want to and will do things differently than how they did.

If I had a dollar for everytime our parents gave us unsolicited advice about our child, or side eyed us when we made a decision that differs from what they would have done.

It’s super annoying and they had their time. Kick back and enjoy the ride and take it as a blessing that your grandchild doesn’t require much.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Apparently it’s something they expect. I had to tell my mom no to the overnights as well.

We bring him over plenty, but I see no point in him staying over night 45 minutes away from our home
Is it a trust issue or you just don't like being apart for that long?

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Is it a trust issue or you just don't like being apart for that long?
Don’t like being apart too long. I firmly believe kids should be at home with their parents. My wife and I have been together forever and we’re older than usual parents. So we don’t go to clubs and shyt like that, plus we both work from home so we’re constantly around him.

When we decided to have a child, we always included him in our plans. Yes, I’ve asked my mom to watch him literally one time while we went to a close friend’s adult birthday party, and my wife’s mom asked to watch him while we worked one day to spend time and she obliged. Outside of that our child is with us

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You're lacking empathy here which goes against your usual ethos and not really thinking. Read up on the stories more to learn more of the situation going on. I don't know about you but when I was a kid I was at my grandparents house regularly and stayed there for weeks during the summer. I'm reading reddit posts from married couples saying they can't ever leave the kids with grandma the same way they were.

Your post is surprisingly judgemental and assumptive.
I think he's cutting through the bullshyt.

In case you didn't realise, Reddit is filled with narcissistic brats. It is always someone else's fault. You can't rely on them to tell an honest story.

When people encounter these stories, they're likely to supplant an unreliable narrator's story with their own observations.

With that said, I haven't encountered grandparents who are not prepared to look after grandchildren. I have encountered parents who believe everyone's lives should revolve around making things as convenient as possible for them. Life doesn't work like that.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Boomers are shortsighted and selfish.

Millenials are self important and entitled.

Boomers will end up alone in nursing homes.

Millenials will have no inheritance due to this fact.

Gen Alpha is gonna basically have to reboot the system.