Millennials are becoming more resentful of their parents for not being able to babysit their grandchildren

Spence

Superstar
Daps
All my grandparents were thousands of miles away so I never got to see them regularly except maybe a month or so ever other summer. :manny:

Either way, grandparents are still people wanting to live their best life at the end of their roads, fk I look like being a demanding child of theirs :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Using the excuse of what your parents used to do so it’s not fair doesn’t really fly in most instances considering that some of those grandparents shouldn’t have been watching you in the first place considering their and and health. Not to mention the fact that the grandparents would end up footing the bill like some of them are doing now in the case of the grandkids and it’s because they have to. Not because they want to.

Just because they did it doesn’t make it right.

If I’m already having to foot the bill for the grandchild as is, then you shouldn’t be complaining about when I do and don’t have time.

Daps

Some millennial parents say they feel “abandoned” by their baby boomer parents, who’ve chosen to travel in their retirement, rather than stay home and help raise their grandchildren, Business Insider found.

Growing up, Kristjana Hillberg remembers being regularly babysat by her grandmother when her parents traveled. But she often has to schedule visits with her parents or in-laws “months” ahead of time, she said.

Los Angeles-based psychologist and millennial mother Leslie Dobson explained many of her millennial clients develop resentment toward their parents because they feel like their parents have “chosen their life over meeting their grandchildren and building these relationships.”

“There’s almost like this three-fourth life crisis that they’re in,” she said of boomers. “And they’re really looking at this as, ‘Oh, my God, my life’s almost over. When is my last day, and how am I going to live my best life?'”

Dobson said she and her sisters were initially put off by their 71-year-old father’s decision to move to a luxury resort in Mexico. While they’ve come around to understand the decision, Dobson said they had hoped their father would be more available to help raise their kids.

Ted Dobson didn’t seem to agree with his daughter’s assessment of his life choices. The father told Business Insider that he still makes an effort to see his grandkids, but sometimes they are too busy to fit him into their schedules. He also suggested those in the younger generation live a more comfortable life than he did at the same age.

iStock-1452776340.jpg

“They’ve all got nannies. We didn’t have a damn nanny. They drive expensive SUVs. I drove a fricking minivan,” he said. “I haven’t spent a nickel less on my kids. I just spent some on me,” he explained.

A recent study by the University of Cambridge and others found that millennials were more likely to have debt and less likely to own a home by age 35. However, middle-class millennials in the study had accumulated “substantially more wealth than their boomer counterparts” had by their mid-30s.

Yet a Fortune poll from earlier this year found that 35% of millennials in the United States still rely on their parents to help pay their bills.

Different views on how to spend time and money wasn’t the only intergenerational divide described in the report. Dobson said millennials often butt heads with their boomer parents over their different approaches to parenting.

“If you ask a millennial, the boomers are overly harsh and not good at parenting the younger children. And millennials are very aware of what could potentially be traumatizing, what is not gentle parenting,” the psychologist said.
New York post :russell:

Y’all stay consuming dogshyt right wing media and yall stay bringing that garbage here despite it basically being a right wing tabloid

Daps
Nah I've seen this talked about elsewhere. Was surprised it was posted yesterday because people been talking about it.

From a few months ago

The whole tone of this article is very very fukking different

Why not post this instead of Rupert Murdoch’s right wing tabloid?

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
I stayed with my grandparents at times too. And as I mentioned, there are people who are in tough situations despite doing (nearly) everything right. But when I look at the rate of out of wedlock births, declining marriage rates, and the decline in birth control usage it seems pretty clear a lot of this is a behavioral problem and consequence. Grandparents are under no obligation to inconvenience themselves because of their (adult) children's poor decisions.

Dap + rep

This is the same thing I alluded to earlier in this thread when I referenced being in the dating scene and dealing with single moms. A lot of them are prisoners of THEIR own doing.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of those parents expected the kids to watch their siblings. One of my friends married a single mom who had 2 teen daughters. He had two additional kids with her, and the teen daughters were expected to watch the little ones. Then, the older daughter ended up a single mom, and asked for help watching her 2 kids, and his wife says no. I don’t think that’s fair.
Life ain't fair

FTK

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
The OP in that thread is crazy crazy.

She trying for another baby and both parents are already struggling.

She stays at home while dad works a 12 hour shift. Hah

Four kids under four? Nobody wants to deal with that.

Man these hoes is dumb

I knew a chick who was in a relationship with a guy. She got pregnant, but here’s the kicker, her dude gets another chick pregnant AT THE SAME TIME. Not only that but dude already HAD 2 kids by another woman. So what does this dumb bytch do, stay with him. Fast forward a few years and they have ANOTHER kid. :mjlol: Well, they end up breaking up. But guess what ends up happening AGAIN. He gets her pregnant for the third time during a time he moved back in with her temporarily while he was in between places. Smh.

Shyt mad wild. Now she in the dating game looking for a clean up man at 40

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I have so many of these bum ass, trifling gen z MFs in my family

Always trying to pawn their kids off on other people.

in my family, I am known for not being the nikka to try the bullshyt with, there's a 100% chance ima say "nope" , "hell no" or "shiiiiet".

one of my "cousins" , she's a Gen-x bum bytch and taught her daughters the art of putting their kids on other people well, seeing as she used to put them off on my aunties and her mom. Now the daughters have come of age doing the same shyt. MF told me the sons could use a great positive role model and I should keep them....

wtf-blade.gif

The MuthaFukkin audacity. I hit them with "where they DADDY at":sas2:

They usually STFU or switch subjects.

Only reason I entertained the question was for the self amusement of flipping it back on them

its not my place, desire, nor responsibility to bail a mf out of the responsibilites they created for themselves. Besides, they aint done right by none of my aunties or mom, so its quadruple life "fukk You". Momma babysit and pretty muched raised everybody kids, and nobody except me has ever done shyt for her in return . That aint an exaggeration, hyperbole, or embellishment. Fukkin punk ass cousins dont even wanna buy my mom a sandwich. that's how bad shyt is. nikkas people to baby sit kids but have no intention of returning the solid. fukk everybody who wanna spin it, play devils advocate or use some completely made up ass anecdote to prove how wrong I am. FOH with the BS

Family full of perpetual fukk up, degenerate ass people with the exception of a handful, mainly the baby boomers and they're only getting older. Family is over ran with immature petty MFs. I wish I could bring back the people who were the glue of the family. Lemme stop cause shyt is heavy the more I think about it.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Man these hoes is dumb

I knew a chick who was in a relationship with a guy. She got pregnant, but here’s the kicker, her dude gets another chick pregnant AT THE SAME TIME. Not only that but dude already HAD 2 kids by another woman. So what does this dumb bytch do, stay with him. Fast forward a few years and they have ANOTHER kid. :mjlol: Well, they end up breaking up. But guess what ends up happening AGAIN. He gets her pregnant for the third time during a time he moved back in with her temporarily while he was in between places. Smh.

Shyt mad wild. Now she in the dating game looking for a clean up man at 40
Story gave me whiplash breh :damn:

Went from bad to worse within a sentence :wow:
Man said hold my DNA, I'll be right back from the store :mjgrin:

Pray for the children, good grief:mjcry: