Millennials are becoming more resentful of their parents for not being able to babysit their grandchildren

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
I mean....... if you keep forcing us to have kids why cant you take care of em

on a serious note, why would i be stupid enough to bring kids into this world and make them a burden on others

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don’t have kids but my parents enjoy watching their grandkids (nieces/nephews/great grandkids)

But I do get it. My grandparents helped raised us because our parents really didn’t have it all together when I was growing up

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Some millennials would cry over free ice cream smfh

But this is some white folks problem shyt. Black grandparents love they grandkids
My ex's mom was a horrible grandparent. Always had an excuse for why she couldn't do anything for them, even in the most hazardous of situations she made sure that she had nothing to do with them

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
The NY Post is probably talking about two people they know. :camby:
Nah I've seen this talked about elsewhere. Was surprised it was posted yesterday because people been talking about it.

From a few months ago

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm very particular about this because I've seen folks I grew up with have children and drop them off on their parents (the grandparents) to raise them while they're out living their best life.

I have a problem with that. I don't plan to ever drop my children off with my parents. If they come get them, or tell me to bring them by, that's one thing. But I'm not going to force my parents to be babysitters.
I appreciate this mentality and I think it has the right intentions behind it but I also see the downsides as well. My uncle and aunt did this with my cousin growing up where nobody else ever watched him and it was hard to get him to stay over after family functions, etc. and he grew up completely isolated from us. He doesn't have much of a relationship with us, his grandparents on either side or other family.

He also has struggled since going to college, because of all the things he's accustomed to his parents doing for him, and he's pretty much trying to get what he's missing from his parents out of his girlfriend since he's far away from them.

When your kid stays with other people like grandparents, aunts/uncles, older cousins they get to learn other households/household rules and how to navigate them, become more independent, build relationships with them, becomes more of a family oriented person in general. But of course, not everybody thinks their parents are fit to watch their kids, not everybody trusts their family, not everybody values these things, so I get it. But something to consider. :manny:

Edit: I wrote all that and didn't realize what you said at the end, where if they ask you'd let them :snoop:

My bad. That's different from my uncle who literally wouldn't let my cousin stay elsewhere growing up.

Daps
I appreciate this mentality and I think it has the right intentions behind it but I also see the downsides as well. My uncle and aunt did this with my cousin growing up where nobody else ever watched him and it was hard to get him to stay over after family functions, etc. and he grew up completely isolated from us. He doesn't have much of a relationship with us, his grandparents on either side or other family.

He also has struggled since going to college, because of all the things he's accustomed to his parents doing for him, and he's pretty much trying to get what he's missing from his parents out of his girlfriend since he's far away from them.

When your kid stays with other people like grandparents, aunts/uncles, older cousins they get to learn other households/household rules and how to navigate them, become more independent, build relationships with them, becomes more of a family oriented person in general. But of course, not everybody thinks their parents are fit to watch their kids, not everybody trusts their family, not everybody values these things, so I get it. But something to consider. :manny:

Edit: I wrote all that and didn't realize what you said at the end, where if they ask you'd let them :snoop:

My bad. That's different from my uncle who literally wouldn't let my cousin stay elsewhere growing up.

I too have written long posts for no reason. :o: :therethere: