Missouri School Board Votes To Remove Black History Classes

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
That’s the plan. Erase black shyt from history, besides the most sanitized stuff (MLK), and brainwash children who will grow up not knowing basic things about us. They dont want black accomplishments acknowledged. They don’t want historical racism examined. They don’t want black figures celebrated, beyond Clarence Thomas and a half assed “MLK didn’t think race was important” history revision.
I went to US Army sponsored schools overseas . Our history textbooks were teaching that "the civil war wasn't about slavery" thing way before it went mainstream. They've been pushing this for a long time.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
remove the class

students should leave n home school..

make history

Stop sending your kids to cac schools :yeshrug:

Black community doesn't remotely have the resources to compete economically AND educate Black children in all fields too. Most parents are barely getting by as it is. The whole point of fighting for integration in the first place, because White communities had hoarded all the resources (financial, academic, and social) in their own communities and it wasn't ever going to get distributed on some "separate but equal" bullshyt.

Taking the disrespect is continuously sending your kids to racist schools for decades and wondering why their education metrics are going to shyt.

This is nonsense - every type of K-12 Black education metric (graduation rates, college entrance, SAT scores, even IQ scores) increased substantially from the moment school segregation ended up through when integration peaked in the 1990s. The same time we've seen progress diminish is also when we've seen re-segregation of schools increase again.

This shyt is worth reading if you want to see what their endgame is with getting schools segregated out again:

The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went to US Army sponsored schools overseas . Our history textbooks were teaching that "the civil war wasn't about slavery" thing way before it went mainstream. They've been pushing this for a long time.
Yea, they even had me questioning it and this was back in the early 2000s. Sitting on fukking IRC chat and other forums and it would come up regularly that "States rights" was the fight. For some reason (well I was probably 14, lmao) it never occurred to asked about WHAT rights they were referring to. The white washing has been decades in the making.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

That wasn't "before" it was mainstream, that was the main narrative in most textbooks from like the 1920s through the 1990s. Read "Lies My Teacher Told Me" from 1995, he goes through the most popular high school US History textbooks in the country and eviscerates them one subject at a time. It was only in the 1990s-2010s that a progressive backlash (partially driven by that book) finality got history books going back to the original documents and telling the truth. Then in the 2010s there was a conservative white backlash to the progressive backlash, and they began trying to erase Black history again.

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The school board members are all conservative republicans, while you imbeciles twiddle your thumbs and intentionally act obtuse about politics and the policies of the two political parties, the republicans are open and brazen about their hate and dislike for us and even worse black children, they actively want to erase the evil and atrocities done to black people by whites in the country. i will vote and use the platform i have to speak out and advocate against that develish racist white supremacist party every chance i get.
You cant be a self respecting black person and sanely support the republicans or falsely equivocate that the two parties are the same. This is open warfare

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Why do you want the oppressor teaching your children about YOUR history in this country? :beli::camby:

Do you really think that white people aren't going to curb it to their political agenda when talking about it? I'm talking about BOTH SIDES!!

Math, Sciences, English (aka learning how to read and write) is all they should be teaching. I don't even want US History taught in schools because you know it's going to be half truth/ half :duck:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know the demographics for the area so I won’t go into the voting thing. All I’ll say is you just have to take the L at this point. People don’t even be informed until major shyt like this happens. Oh well.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I wonder what political party they belong to
full

What does the Coli FBA think about this?

c00ns always got smoke for Black people but be awfully quiet in these threads about cacs shytting on Black folk :jbhmm:

@K.O.N.Y
@AFRAM GLORY
@Voice of Reason
@Astroslik
@HarlemHottie
@Bunchy Carter

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@ORDER_66 coming in here to bash the concept of voting as irrelevant and meaningless is goofy and sad.

By his belief alone he must think that Martin Luther King and everyone else before him who fought for voting rights for black people were fools.

Of course he won't be so brave to state that openly. Even though it's the only logical conclusion given how much he posts about how meaningless voting is in nearly every thread in TLR.

Or perhaps he's going to pivot to some other silly argument like voting only matters when you're the majority, which is even more obviously retarded.

:coffee:

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Devil is in the details:

"The Board of Education voted to rescind approval of the academic standard titled “Social Justice Standards: The Teaching Tolerance Anti-Bias Framework” as published by Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center and associated curricula, effective July 1, 2024.

"With SPLC providing a blanket call out of all parents involved in education as part of their ‘hate map’, this framework specifically promoting activism, and the history of how this framework was adopted I chose to vote in favor of rescinding. While removal of this standard affects the Black History and Black Literature courses many on the board signaled to the District they would be supportive of bringing these courses back after removal of this controversial standard."

Copy of the framework here: https://www.learningforjustice.org/...ustice-Standards-Anti-bias-framework-2020.pdf

I had black history and black literature classes that did not include the content in the SPLC curriculum. The key here is for parents to hold the board accountable for finding coursework that is more appropriate and bringing the classes back.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Devil is in the details:

"The Board of Education voted to rescind approval of the academic standard titled “Social Justice Standards: The Teaching Tolerance Anti-Bias Framework” as published by Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center and associated curricula, effective July 1, 2024.

"With SPLC providing a blanket call out of all parents involved in education as part of their ‘hate map’, this framework specifically promoting activism, and the history of how this framework was adopted I chose to vote in favor of rescinding. While removal of this standard affects the Black History and Black Literature courses many on the board signaled to the District they would be supportive of bringing these courses back after removal of this controversial standard."

Copy of the framework here: https://www.learningforjustice.org/...ustice-Standards-Anti-bias-framework-2020.pdf

I had black history and black literature classes that did not include the content in the SPLC curriculum. The key here is for parents to hold the board accountable for finding coursework that is more appropriate and bringing the classes back.
This.