[MIXTAPE] Gang Starr's 'Hard To Earn' 25th Anniversary Tribute

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
uf0StSz.jpg

'Hard To Earn' is near & dear to me, so I had to get back in the lab and record this 25-year tribute to this legendary album. On this mix you'll find:
-Blends
-OG Samples
-Rarities
-B-Sides
-Hits
-Album Cuts

vgXGKZr.jpg

STREAMING LINK

DOWNLOADS
:
For anyone looking to support, I'm selling CDQ downloads of this mix, with the tracks split up so you can skip/rewind. Audio quality is much higher (the stream was only encoded at 112 kbps), plus it comes with bonus tracks I never released to the public. If you're interested, just DM me, or email me at promoguy1@gmail.com

TRACKLIST

DWYCK (ft. Nice & Smooth) [Filthy blend]
Comin’ for Datazz [Filthy blend]
Mass Appeal (ft Quran, Lord Finesse) [Filthy blend]
Brainstorm
Now You’re Mine (Chumps Get Beatdown) [Filthy blend]
Code of the Streets [Filthy blend]
Speak Ya Clout (ft Jeru, Melachi the Nutcracker, Lil Dap) [ReFix]
Blowin’ up the Spot
Tonz ‘o’ Gunz (ft Lil Vicious) [Filthy ReFix]
The Question Remainz
Borough Check (w/ Digable Planets)
F.A.L.A. (ft Big Shug)
Suckas Need Bodyguards
Alongwaytogo
Mostly Tha Voice
Doe In Advance (OG Unreleased version)
Serious Rap shyt (w/ Group Home)
The Planet

cKtRZmh.jpg

If you want to be added or removed from my tag list, just drop a note below and I'll make the changes

Last edited:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
uf0StSz.jpg

'Hard To Earn' is near & dear to me, so I had to get back in the lab and record this 25-year tribute to this legendary album. On this mix you'll find:
-Blends
-OG Samples
-Rarities
-B-Sides
-Hits
-Album Cuts

STREAMING LINK

DOWNLOADS
:
For anyone looking to support, I'm selling CDQ downloads of this mix, with the tracks split up so you can skip/rewind. Audio quality is much higher (the stream was only encoded at 112 kbps), plus it comes with bonus tracks I never released to the public. If you're interested, just DM me, or email me at promoguy1@gmail.com

TRACKLIST

DWYCK (ft. Nice & Smooth) [Filthy blend]
Comin’ for Datazz [Filthy blend]
Mass Appeal (ft Quran, Lord Finesse) [Filthy blend]
Brainstorm
Now You’re Mine (Chumps Get Beatdown) [Filthy blend]
Code of the Streets [Filthy blend]
Speak Ya Clout (ft Jeru, Melachi the Nutcracker, Lil Dap) [ReFix]
Blowin’ up the Spot
Tonz ‘o’ Gunz (ft Lil Vicious) [Filthy ReFix]
The Question Remainz
Borough Check (w/ Digable Planets)
F.A.L.A. (ft Big Shug)
Suckas Need Bodyguards
Alongwaytogo
Mostly Tha Voice
Doe In Advance (OG Unreleased version)
Serious Rap shyt (w/ Group Home)
The Planet

If you want to be added to my tag list, just drop a note below and I'll make the changes

Definitely listening to this when I get a chance :ehh:

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
undisputed classic right here. favorite track is brainstorm and i always wished the song didn't fade out while guru was rhyming. what did he say after ya tied up, ya time's up? lol he was going in

i also loved freestyling over the aight chill interlude with my homeboys. i really ain't that great but that beat inspired me for real. kinda wished someone rhymed over it like jeru for instance

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Hands down my favourite Gang Starr album. Guru came correct on it, but Primo was just :mindblown:

His beats on this felt like the spiritual successors to his joints on Illmatic.:wow:

I found the sample from Dap's verse on Speak Ya Clout on an old kung fu movie called 'One Armed Boxer years ago. Had me :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Daps
I know Hard To Earn vs Moment Of Truth is always the question but for me its Hard To Earn!

It had probably 2 of the groups biggest singles Mass Appeal & DWYCK and classic album cuts Suckas Need Bodyguards, Code of the Streets, and F.A.L.A. and Now Your Mine.