[MIXTAPE] Gang Starr's 'Hard To Earn' 25th Anniversary Tribute

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Suckas Need Bodyguards
:damn: :bustback: :damn:

And Guru-produced too. :myman:

This has never been my favorite Gang Starr album, but it's still a classic. At this point, they dropped three straight albums that were four stars or higher. They should have at least went platinum with this one.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
OYfDeS.gif

:ahh:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
undisputed classic right here. favorite track is brainstorm and i always wished the song didn't fade out while guru was rhyming. what did he say after ya tied up, ya time's up? lol he was going in

i also loved freestyling over the aight chill interlude with my homeboys. i really ain't that great but that beat inspired me for real. kinda wished someone rhymed over it like jeru for instance

Yeah, I actually tried to make a blend with someone over that beat, but I couldn't come up with one that I loved yet. I'm still gonna try to find one, and will likely include it in the deluxe version

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
Man, nice mix. That tribe/Wu one was I'll too.

I have to sound like a beggar but can is there any chance of getting an mp3 of that o.g. Doe In Advance?

The only good quality version I ever seen was on a dj zooted mixtape from 97 & the lesser japanese bonus track version is the only one I ever found online.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Yeah, I actually tried to make a blend with someone over that beat, but I couldn't come up with one that I loved yet. I'm still gonna try to find one, and will likely include it in the deluxe version

that sound great bro and really look forward to hearing it. i love that mid 80's boom bap feel it has to it

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
That dwyck mix....

you got any mobb deep ones?

I don't have any full mixtapes of Mobb yet (just blends I recorded here and there on various projects). But I will be droppin a full tribute to The Infamous when it turns 25.
Here's a Mobb blend I did that Pete Rock himself liked (I used his beat on it)....

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Man, nice mix. That tribe/Wu one was I'll too.

I have to sound like a beggar but can is there any chance of getting an mp3 of that o.g. Doe In Advance?

The only good quality version I ever seen was on a dj zooted mixtape from 97 & the lesser japanese bonus track version is the only one I ever found online.

I'm actually throwing that track in as one of the bonuses for ppl who support and purchase a copy of the mix. The version I have is officially the best sounding one available. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at promoguy1@gmail.com and mention your handle from The Coli, and I'll take care of ya bruh. Well worth coppin the mix for $5 just to get that track alone in decent quality, since the rare vinyl record goes for about $50, and actually sounds worse than the version I have.

Last edited:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great album. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to gangstarr now. I love their music and I wanted more. Here is my chance to beg for Preme to complete this posthumous album he talked about 5 years ago.