Mom made son, 3, say ‘goodbye to Daddy’ on camera before shooting him dead in murder-suicide a day before custody hearing

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

Mom made son, 3, say ‘goodbye to Daddy’ on camera before shooting him dead in murder-suicide a day before custody hearing​

By Social Links forEmily Crane

Published May 6, 2024, 7:19 a.m. ET

Police find two bodies believed to be mom and son killed in murder-suicide

A Texas mom told her 3-year-old son to “say goodbye to Daddy” on camera just moments before she shot the boy in a ditch and then turned the gun on herself — a day before she was due in court for a custody hearing with her ex-husband, cops said.

Savannah Kriger, 32, and her son Kaiden were found dead with gunshot wounds to their heads at a San Antonio park back on March 19, but authorities have spent weeks piecing together their harrowing final hours as they probed the murder-suicide.

In the hours before the slayings, authorities determined Kriger shot at her old wedding photos, trashed her ex-husband’s home and taunted him with a slew of FaceTime videos and texts warning him, “You won’t have anything at all by the end of the day.”

Savannah Kriger, 32, and her son Kaiden were found dead with gunshot wounds to their heads at a San Antonio park back on March 19. 5

Savannah Kriger, 32, and her son Kaiden were found dead with gunshot wounds to their heads at a San Antonio park back on March 19.Bexar County Sheriff's Office

The grim ordeal started to unfold when Kriger left work the afternoon of March 18 and headed straight to her ex’s home while he was at work, the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office said.

After damaging the ex’s furniture and some personal items, the mother drove to her own home, where cops later found her wedding dress and portraits laid out on the bed.

“We believe that she fired two shots into her wedding portraits,” Sheriff Javier Salazar said.

Kriger subsequently picked her son up from daycare and then started inundating Kaiden’s father with the harrowing messages, authorities said.

Authorities said the mom told her 3-year-old son to say goodbye to daddy on camera just moments before she shot him in a ditch and then turned the gun on herself. 5

Authorities said the mom told her 3-year-old son to “say goodbye to Daddy” on camera just moments before she shot him in a ditch and then turned the gun on herself.

“You don’t have anything to go home to now. You really don’t,” Kriger said on one FaceTime call. “You won’t have anything at all at the end of the day.”

The final text to her ex read, “Say goodbye to your son.”

The little boy was found suffering a gunshot wound to the head. 5

The little boy, who was at the center of a custody battle, was found with a gunshot wound to the head.Bexar County Sheriff's Office

A 21-second video recovered from her phone showed Kriger and her son sitting in the ditch in the park where their bodies would later be discovered.

In the clip, authorities said the mom told her son to “say goodbye to Daddy” before she apologized to the boy that his father wasn’t there and then kissed him.

Her phone records show she then looked up videos of children’s cartoons on her cell while they were still sitting in the ditch, according to authorities.

The Bexar County sheriff says cell phone data provided the evidence in the death of a mother and son in March that was ruled a murder-suicide. 5

Authorities also revealed the little boy was at the center of a custody battle.KENS 5

The bodies were discovered in a ditch inside a San Antonio park. 5

The bodies were discovered in a ditch inside a San Antonio park.KENS 5

Although the video didn’t capture the fatal shootings, Kriger’s intentions were “pretty clear,” the sheriff said.

Their bodies were discovered some 19 hours later after an Amber Alert was issued and authorities scoured the area.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office quickly labeled the two deaths a murder-suicide.

Authorities at the time had also revealed the little boy was at the center of a custody battle.

What do you think? Be the first to comment.

Kriger had filed for a divorce and a temporary restraining order against her ex on March 7, MySA reported.

The former couple were due in court on March 19 — the day the bodies were discovered — for a custody hearing.

If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts, you can dial the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention hotline at 988 or go to SuicidePreventionLifeline.org.

I started reading this and here’s the problem

that man knows his wife better than anyone outside of her family who raised her, and now that they see this they probably can connect the dots and realize where they went wrong, where they saw the signs

but if you receive a text with threats of that nature from someone you are that close with you should have entire right to Find them, drag them out if wherever they are and publicly put your fist across their face a few times while shaming their behavior to the community. And there should just be one onlooker designated to standby and ensure that passerbys are not alarmed

what disgusting piece of consciousness. who wants to bet she was on her period to during all of this.

probably wasn’t the first time she did this. all too probable that she did similar to this on a monthly basis

edit: ahhh, he did the right thing. Had police looking for her

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
He was leaving her and she pushed the nuclear button, happens every day.

I am sure he tried because they had a child but sometimes you have to cut your losses early.

Win fast, lose fast.

Unstable people cannot handle being dumped which is why you leave them at the FIRST sign of instability, do not wait it can cost you your life.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
He was leaving her and she pushed the nuclear button, happens every day.

I am sure he tried because they had a child but sometimes you have to cut your losses early.

Win fast, lose fast.

Unstable people cannot handle being dumped which is why you leave them at the FIRST sign of instability, do not wait it can cost you your life.

she filed for divorce, I think potentially not having full custody is what possibly set her off.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I need a biography of the father before I extend any sympathies toward him. I havent seen any report that he was an upstanding, loving person doing the best he can to raise a child while going through a divorce, and I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. In 2024 its possible to have two pieces of shyt as parents.

RIP to the kid. He deserved better.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is really pissed me off :mad:, I have a soft spot when come to kids. Feel sick in my stomach. Poor kid, RIP to little innocent kid:to: .

I hope sick fukk mother burn in hell. :pacspit:

I can't imagine the father had to witness that to see his son get murdered. He thinks about his baby 24/7, etc it's hard to move on. He's going to need real HELP!

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
They plenty of women on the inside that have killed their BD, but if they catch this they'll definitely work her ass.