thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
BT: What's good, Champ?

FM: Whassup, Ben?

BT: A lot, actually. Obviously Adrien got upset by Maidana this past Saturday. I know you already gave a brief statement on it, but can you talk a little bit more about that fight?

FM: I think Broner showed that he has a lot of heart and he's a real fighter. That's one thing that we cannot take away from Broner. I just feel like Maidana was the better man. I think he outhustled Adrien Broner. If I'm not mistaken, I think Adrien Broner was at lightweight. In my honest opinion, I think 135 or 140 is a good weight class for Adrien Broner. But I think he'll be able to bounce back. I feel like everything happens for a reason and I think that should only make him stronger and make him come back and want to be a better fighter.

BT: Do you think it was a bad idea for him to make the jump from 135 to 147?

FM: I mean, of course he has the best management team in the world because, at one particular time, they picked the right opponent at welterweight, which was Paulie Malignaggi. He's not a big puncher, whereas Maidana, he's a big puncher. The Malignaggi fight was chosen by his management team. The Maidana fight was chosen by Adrien himself. He should have his management team continue to pick his fights for him; that's why he's got his management team. I'm not saying that was a bad fight for him, you know; it was just a learning experience. With the Malignaggi fight, they chose Paulie because he was going up to welterweight to be a part of history. Paulie's a very, very good boxer. Take nothing away from Paulie, he's a very good boxer, but he's not a big puncher, so his management team didn't feel like Paulie was really a threat. But even though Paulie Malignaggi isn't a big puncher, he is a slick boxer, so you gotta watch him because he can upset a guy. His management team done a brilliant job as far as picking Paulie and making history with that fight for Adrien.

BT: Would you advice him to jump right back into an immediate rematch with Maidana or do you think he should take a tune-up fight first?

FM: I don't think he should be focused on chasing the Maidana fight. I think what would be a good move for him is this. May 3rd, fight on my undercard; you know, fight a solid guy at 140, get back on track and get your career in order. That fight with Maidana should be nothing but a minor setback for a major comeback. But as far as Adrien is concerned, he still has a lot to learn. When I spoke to him after his fight, I said you're gonna have people that like you; you're gonna have people that dislike you. The thing is this, I have fans that like me and I have fans that don't like, but you gonna respect me. Once people get to throwing bottles and throwing beer on you, throwing different things at you at the fight, you're losing respect from the fans.

BT: Are you surprised to see the amount of hatred he's been getting from the fans and, more importantly, do you think he's getting that negative feedback because he tried to follow your blueprint to success?

FM: Everybody is giving Adrien Broner a hard time and that's not right. I'm not here to talk bad about him. They say, "Oh, he wants to be like Floyd Mayweather." You know what? I commend him. If I was trying to get involved in basketball and I see a guy who comes from the same background that I come from and he's living the type of lifestyle that I want to live and he's doing the type of things that I want to do, absolutely I'm going to try to follow in his footsteps. It's not a crime for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to want to be like Joe Montana or Dan Marino. They don't get flack for that. They get praise for that. The difference between me and Broner is this, you got to know when to turn it on and when turn it off. You know, with me, I'm more like, okay, this guy ain't on my level, but I respect him still as a man. When people lose respect for you, there's nothing else. And the thing with Adrien Broner is this, I think sometimes, and Broner knows this firsthand, people can sometimes tell you what you want to hear. I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear; I'ma tell you the truth. There's boundaries and limitations on everything except for making money.

BT: A lot of fans are saying that he brought that hatred upon himself because of his antics outside of the ring, like the sex tape for example.

FM: Okay, Adrien Broner had sex, he filmed himself, and everybody seen it; woopty do. He's not the first person that did it and he's not going to be the last person. He likes to dance. Michael Jackson was a dancer. Chris Brown is a dancer. So he likes to have fun and has personality; that's not a crime. Like I said before, there's boundaries and limitations to everything and he has to know his boundaries and his limitations. Like I said before, everybody wanna praise you and ride the wave when you're at the top. Everybody wanna say you're the best and say they love you and kiss your ass when you're at the top. You know, one minor setback and then no one has anything positive to say anymore. Everything is negative. All everybody wanna do is say, "I told you so." I just feel like this, the majority of the people that made a video or put something on Instagram or Twitter about Adrien Broner, well you show me where you made millions on a Saturday night. You show me where you got a seven-figure check. Everybody that had something negative to say about Adrien Broner on December 14th, he got a seven-figure check. There's a lot of people out here getting they ass kicked for free; for nothing. If you is going to take an L, it don't hurt to take an L for a seven-figure check. When Adrien Broner beat 27 opponents, did anybody have something negative to say about him then? All in all, Adrien Broner's good outweighs his bad. Does Maidana have more losses than Adrien Broner?

BT: Yep.

FM: Okay, do my dad have more losses than Adrien Broner?

FM: Do Roger have more losses than Adrien Broner?

FM: Okay, so, like I said before, before we can point the finger at somebody, we gotta take a step back, take a deep breath, and see what position we are in.

Won't let me paste it all but the rest is at http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15839.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:wow: everything Floyd said was facts, even sonned his own Pops and Uncle

my fav part

"FM: Everybody is giving Adrien Broner a hard time and that's not right. I'm not here to talk bad about him. They say, "Oh, he wants to be like Floyd Mayweather." You know what? I commend him. If I was trying to get involved in basketball and I see a guy who comes from the same background that I come from and he's living the type of lifestyle that I want to live and he's doing the type of things that I want to do, absolutely I'm going to try to follow in his footsteps. It's not a crime for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to want to be like Joe Montana or Dan Marino. They don't get flack for that. They get praise for that. The difference between me and Broner is this, you got to know when to turn it on and when turn it off"

It's obvious AB looks at Floyd as a role model/inspiration, those cats have similar backgrounds

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
FM: I mean, of course he has the best management team in the world because, at one particular time, they picked the right opponent at welterweight, which was Paulie Malignaggi. He's not a big puncher, whereas Maidana, he's a big puncher. The Malignaggi fight was chosen by his management team. The Maidana fight was chosen by Adrien himself. He should have his management team continue to pick his fights for him; that's why he's got his management team. I'm not saying that was a bad fight for him, you know; it was just a learning experience. With the Malignaggi fight, they chose Paulie because he was going up to welterweight to be a part of history. Paulie's a very, very good boxer. Take nothing away from Paulie, he's a very good boxer, but he's not a big puncher, so his management team didn't feel like Paulie was really a threat. But even though Paulie Malignaggi isn't a big puncher, he is a slick boxer, so you gotta watch him because he can upset a guy. His management team done a brilliant job as far as picking Paulie and making history with that fight for Adrien.

FM: I don't think he should be focused on chasing the Maidana fight. I think what would be a good move for him is this. May 3rd, fight on my undercard; you know, fight a solid guy at 140, get back on track and get your career in order. That fight with Maidana should be nothing but a minor setback for a major comeback. But as far as Adrien is concerned, he still has a lot to learn. When I spoke to him after his fight, I said you're gonna have people that like you; you're gonna have people that dislike you. The thing is this, I have fans that like me and I have fans that don't like, but you gonna respect me. Once people get to throwing bottles and throwing beer on you, throwing different things at you at the fight, you're losing respect from the fans.

Interesting

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
BT: A lot of fans are saying that he brought that hatred upon himself because of his antics outside of the ring, like the sex tape for example.

FM: Okay, Adrien Broner had sex, he filmed himself, and everybody seen it; woopty do. He's not the first person that did it and he's not going to be the last person. He likes to dance. Michael Jackson was a dancer. Chris Brown is a dancer. So he likes to have fun and has personality; that's not a crime. Like I said before, there's boundaries and limitations to everything and he has to know his boundaries and his limitations. Like I said before, everybody wanna praise you and ride the wave when you're at the top. Everybody wanna say you're the best and say they love you and kiss your ass when you're at the top. You know, one minor setback and then no one has anything positive to say anymore. Everything is negative. All everybody wanna do is say, "I told you so." I just feel like this, the majority of the people that made a video or put something on Instagram or Twitter about Adrien Broner, well you show me where you made millions on a Saturday night. You show me where you got a seven-figure check. Everybody that had something negative to say about Adrien Broner on December 14th, he got a seven-figure check. There's a lot of people out here getting they ass kicked for free; for nothing. If you is going to take an L, it don't hurt to take an L for a seven-figure check. When Adrien Broner beat 27 opponents, did anybody have something negative to say about him then? All in all, Adrien Broner's good outweighs his bad. Does Maidana have more losses than Adrien Broner?

FM: Okay, do my dad have more losses than Adrien Broner?

FM: Do Roger have more losses than Adrien Broner?

FM: Okay, so, like I said before, before we can point the finger at somebody, we gotta take a step back, take a deep breath, and see what position we are in.

All yall Floyd stans just got smacked in the mouth by your idol:damn:

nikkas questioning why I'm still riding with AB....because I like watching him fight and he's talented to me, why the fukk not?:what:

He loses one fight and it's now over?:rudy:

"Where yall 7 figure paychecks?" Floyd asked:mjpls:

Floyd Sr and Roger got it too:whew:

You gotta realize, Adrien Broner has accomplished things my father hasn't accomplished, so you shouldn't go out there just on a limb and talk bad about a guy. You know, Adrien Broner is a 3-time world champion. My daddy has never won a world title. You also gotta realize this, even though this era is different from when my father was fighting, when you look at my dad and his boxing record, look at the win-loss record of the opponents he's faced (325-302-24) and compare that to Adrien Broner's opponents (432-91-23).

:dead:

I always liked Floyd.....um, do it Mitch!:lupe:

3x champ in 3 different divisions. Only Broner, Floyd, Manny, and ODLH won Championships at 130, 135, and 147 in the 100+ years in Boxing history:birdman:

#BandCamp

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I dont know why yall are sleeping on what Roger let slip from his mouth in his rant

He said it don't make no sense watching him, he aint fighting my nephew, he done got his ass whipped now.....

They were setting Broner up for a Floyd fight, but Broner got embarrassed, with Floyd being the business man that he is he knows there is still money to made with Broner vs Floyd in the future, and this spat between the Mayweathers/Broner trainer could be part of the promotion later for if they do clash. As far as the interview goes Floyd is trying to keep Broner as golden as he can be, the Mayweathers may have tore him down too much.....

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz I guess you ignore the part where May said a trainer change wouldnt have helped him vs Maidana:smugfavre:

Edit: Which one is it, new trainer or not:skip:

You hating on AB, but where's your 7 figure paycheck? Floyd wants to know:smugbiden:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Maidana better :manny:

:smugbiden:

FM: Does Maidana have more losses than Adrien Broner?

You know, one minor setback and then no one has anything positive to say anymore. Everything is negative. All everybody wanna do is say, "I told you so." I just feel like this, the majority of the people that made a video or put something on Instagram or Twitter about Adrien Broner, well you show me where you made millions on a Saturday night. You show me where you got a seven-figure check.

:smugbiden:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Who would win in a rematch in your opinion? Broner or Maidana?

I say Maidana because I don't buy this narrative of Broner not being "focused"

Maidana thoroughly beat him down :manny:

Broner.

Maidana fought his best fight. Broner fought without any gameplan or adjustments during the fight and Maidana still only won 7 rounds to 5 rounds for Broner and that's including the knockdowns.

Broner won rounds 3, 5, 6, 7, and 12.